Chapter 1.2

A couple of weeks later things were going better for Yoohyeon. She was starting to trust Minji more and she had been sober for almost a month now.

It was Friday and Minji had the last appointment of the day and of the week, which was of course Yoohyeon. The younger girl had grown onto her even though she was trying to keep the meetings professional. There was only one catch... Yoohyeon was so talkative and sweet that once Minji went back home, she felt even lonelier.

The blonde girl was already in the waiting room when Minji guided the client right before her out, expecting her to be called immediately after but instead the older woman entered her office again.

She waited for a few minutes but when she saw that Minji wasn't calling her, she started to get worried. It was already 5 minutes past their usual hour.

Yoohyeon decided to wait a few more she chuckled, standing up from her chair and walking to her office, opening the door. "Hey hey, it's Friday! Did you forget about m-... Minji?"

The black haired girl quickly turned her back to Yoohyeon and walked to her desk, grabbing a tissue and wiping away the tears from her face.

"I was-... I was about to call you in" she said, quickly steadying her voice.

"You're crying. Did... did something happen with your previous client?" The younger girl asked in a worried voice.

"No, it's... it's fine" Minji reassured her, facing Yoohyeon and pulling off the best smile she could. "Y-You can sit down"

"It's obviously not fine. You were always the one that said to 'talk about your problems'" Yoohyeon stated, doing her best Minji impression.

"Yes, but I'm your therapist. You have to talk to me about your problems, not the other way around" Minji said, taking her notebook.

"If you're in this state you won't be able to do that" The blonde sighed. "Get out of therapist mode and don't be silly"

"I can't... I was already really unprofessional with you. In the last two sessions we talked almost like friends, not as therapist and patient" Minji whispered, shaking her head as her eyes filled with tears again.

"When I asked you about your job you told me that you have to change your methods to match the client. If being unprofessional works best for me then you are still doing your job" Yoohyeon argued.

"It's not really like that" Minji whispered faintly. Yes, she was helping Yoohyeon but she was actually getting attached to the girl because she liked to talk with her and that wasn't supposed to happen.

"Just talk to me, Minji. No one is here to scold you. You said that yourself"

"I'm... I'm really not supposed to" the black haired woman cried, wiping away the tears with the tissue and reaching for a clean one. "This is your hour of session. I'm here to help you"

"Alright, let's put it like this then" Yoohyeon grinned. "I feel bad so I want you to help me. I feel bad because you aren't talking to me so I want you help me solve that"

"That's... unfair" Minji whispered with a faint smile. She took a deep breath and she fixed her eyes on the ground. "Do you remember when you told me you feel lonely?"

"I do and you recommended me to talk to Handong, which I did"

"I know and you did great" Minji said, nodding. "I... I feel like that too. Every night"

"You feel... lonely? A successful woman like you?" Yoohyeon asked, really surprised by that.

"Success doesn't give you friends or lovers" Minji whispered. "I work more hours than I should because I know that when I get home... it's just me, a lonely dinner and a movie"