sweet like a flower

"Fuck you, Bucky. I told you I had it covered." Another failed mission. Once again, Bucky had tried to intercept me with an enemy and we almost got killed. Again. "Language!" Steve shouted over to me, as I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, Steve." I scoffed, as Bucky glared at me, "That guy almost killed you, y/n. You did not have it." He leaned against the counter, "Just, go. Go, Bucky." I turn and I went upstairs, I shut the door behind me as I sit down on the bed. "Y/n?" I heard Wanda's voice outside the door, as I went to open it, "Hi." I smile a bit, she frowned. "What happened?" I just broke down in tears, as she hugged me tightly, "Baby, what happened?" She rubbed my back, as I leaned against her shoulder. "I'm in love with Bucky." I sobbed, as she wiped my tears away. "Well, we all know that. Don't we?" She sat down with me, I looked at her. "He's never going to love me back, Wanda. Look at me. I'm nothing like you guys are, I'm just- I'm me." I sighed, "And what makes you think Bucky doesn't love that about you? That you are who you are?" She was right. She was always right. "Thanks, Wanda." I hugged her again, as she smiled. "I'll always be here for you, y/n. I promise." I stand up, as I wipe my tears away, I went back to see Bucky was still there. He was sat on the couch, talking to Steve. They both looked at me as I walked through, "Y/n?" Steve noticed my eyes were all red and puffy, it was pretty obvious. "Doll, are you crying?" Bucky stood up, as he walked over to me, I sighed softly.

"No, no I'm fine. Thanks, guys." I turn and I went into the kitchen, as I just shake it off, I felt Bucky's eyes on me, as I just get myself a glass of water. "I'm going to leave you guys alone." Steve turned and he gave me a look, before he leaves. "Can you talk to me? I can't stand this." He sighed, as he kept watching me, I turn and look at him. "I'm in love with you, Bucky. Is that what you want me to say? That I love you? That my heart is bleeding right now because I know you'll never see me in that way?" He looked completely surprised. He walked over to me, before he grabbed my face and kissed me, I held onto his shoulders as I slowly pulled away, he looked down at me as it felt like time had stopped for a moment. "Woah." I was a bit taken aback, but he took my breath away. "Why do you think I stopped them? Because I want to protect you, y/n. I love you so much, I'd kill anyone to keep you safe. I want you to be alive." He held my hands, as I smile. "I love you, Bucky." I whisper, as he smiled at me, it was so genuine and adorable. I gently take my hand, as I place it against his cheek, he hesitated slightly, then he leaned against my hand, as he knew. I'd never hurt him, after everything he went through with Hydra, the way they hurt him, made him into a killing machine. I knew that wasn't him anymore. He was James Buchanan Barnes. My Bucky.

And he would always be mine.

He was all I needed.