my mind is in disturbia

I was terrified to live alone, especially in New York. I'd heard scary stories about the Winter Soldier coming and attacking people in their homes. I really wasn't ready for that, so I started sleeping in Stark Tower, Tony was like a dad to me and I trusted him to keep me safe. I had the worst nightmares, even if I knew that Bucky wasn't like that anymore. He was better, he was safe. But it just freaked me out, even if I was completely in love with him. I was laying on the couch, in the darkness, I couldn't even stay in my own bed. It was almost three in the morning, I laid there, wide awake. I heard a noise, I jumped up, seeing Bucky in his jogging pants and no shirt, his metal arm on show. "Sorry." He looked away, as he went into the kitchen, I just lean back, as I sighed softly. I did like Bucky, he was a good friend, but I also wanted way more, but ever since the winter soldier stuff, I didn't really know what we were. "Are you okay? Can't sleep?" I looked back at him, "I'm fine, Buck. Thanks." I ran a hand over my hair. "Are you sure? I can stay for a bit." He offered, I smiled a little. "Okay." He came and sat down with me, as I began to feel sleepy, but I actually felt okay with him, he made me feel safety. "I'm sorry, Bucky." I whispered, as he looked over at me. "About what?" I looked away, "For everything you've been through." I kiss his cheek, as I stood up, I opened the window up, looking out into the night. "It isn't your fault. You didn't make me that way. Please don't apologise."

"I think I've been in love with you for a lot longer than I thought." I looked at the skyline, the lights. It just filled me with peace, it was beautiful. "You love me?" His voice was so calm, he wasn't the winter soldier. He was Bucky Barnes. "Mhm. How stupid am I? Falling for someone like you?" He took a deep breath, I felt him stood behind me, the breeze hitting my face as he touched my back. "That isn't stupid, not at all." He told me, "You are so beautiful." He whispered, as I smiled. "I love you, Bucky." I looked back at him, he grinned. "I love you." I could of cried, but everyone was asleep and I was exhausted. "Come to bed." He took my hand, as I followed him to his bedroom, I got into bed, as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, as my eyes closed, I'd felt so secure. He made me feel protected like I never had before.

He was the light I needed in this darkness.