i've never had someone to call my own

Steve and I had always been good friends, but we were nothing more than that and I'd never go there with him, he was just good to vent to after a bad mission and he was there for me when no one else was. When I first met Bucky, Steve's best friend, he was in a bad place, after we got closer and now I was pretty sure I had a huge crush on him, I wanted to be with him. He was gorgeous, the way he protected others and he fought like a warrior, I'd never seen anyone so strong. I hadn't told Steve about my feelings for Bucky, I didn't want to get over my head and there was no way that he would be into me, he was way too good for me, he wouldn't ever go for someone like me and I knew that, I guessed I just would stay silent and keep it to myself. I sat on the couch in Stark Tower, it was coming up to midnight and I was reading a book, looking out the window at the view every now and again, I felt so lucky to live here, Tony was like a father to me and he took me in when I lost everything, when my parents kicked me out and I had to find my way in the world. I felt like these people around me were my family, I was actually part of the Avengers, it felt crazy to me to even think about. "Hey, kiddo." Tony walked inside, he was working already. "Hey, you're still up?" He came and sat beside me. "Yeah, I didn't realise how late it was. Everything okay?" I nodded, "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I wished I could tell him about Bucky issues.

"Are you sure? You seem a little on edge. Talk to me." I leaned back, "I just- I have a crush on Bucky." He seemed a bit shocked. "Bucky? As in- Steve's Bucky? Winter soldier Bucky?" I nodded, "Y/n.. we all know that. Like, everyone." Really? "Is it that obvious?" He chuckled, "It kind of is." He went into the kitchen, as I leaned on the pillow, "Damn it." I grab my phone, before calling Steve. "Hey, you okay?" He answered pretty much immediately. "Steve, I need to see you. Like, right now." I stood up, "I'm with Bucky, we're at his apartment, I can come get you." I pull a hoodie on, with my trainers. "I'm on my way." I walked to the elevator, before I went down to the bottom floor. I felt a strange presence, like I was being watched. The doors opened, as I went through the parking lot, when I turned back, I saw Loki. "What the fuck?!" I jumped, he smirked at me. "Do not be afraid, my dear. I have no intention of harming you." I crossed my arms. "What do you want, Loki?" I stood back, kind of scared. "I want to take over the earth, which I will do in all due time. This stupid rock will soon be nothing." I felt my powers growing, as I got angry. "I won't let that happen." I glared, as I knew that he could kill me if he wanted to. "We'll see. Until next time, my dear y/n." He teleported away, as I knew the cameras in here would of picked that up. I was so scared, I ran down the street to Bucky's apartment. I bang on the door. "Jesus, y/n. What happened?" Steve looked surprised. "Loki. He's back."

"What? How do you know?" I was a complete mess, my mind was racing. "I saw him, Steve. He stopped me on the way here.. he told me he's going to take over earth.. I thought he was going to kill me, Steve." He hugged me, as I tried to calm myself down. "It's okay, that won't happen." I look over his shoulder, as Bucky watched the two of us. He looked pissed. "I have to head out, I have training in a few hours." I nodded. "You can stay here if you want to, it's probably safest." Bucky announces. I turned, "Is that okay? I haven't got anything with me." He shrugged, "I have something you can wear. It's no problem." I agreed. "Sure. Thanks, Bucky." Steve eventually left, as I went to the couch. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Seeing Loki again.. it scared me, Buck. I thought he was going to kill me." I looked at him, he took my hand. "I won't let that happen. I'd die before I let anyone hurt you." I smiled a bit. "Thank you, Buck. For everything. For letting me stay, for being such a good friend to Steve.. for not giving up on me." I kiss his cheek, as he squeezed my hand. "If you need anything, just shout." He stood up, before he went into the other room. I sighed, as I realised this was more than a crush, I was pretty sure I'd already fallen in love with him. But he wouldn't ever be mine. Because I was too scared to tell him the truth.

And that was what held me back.

(Part 2? Should Bucky know the truth?! Stay tuned!!)