Chapter 73

Isabela cleared her throat, and rubbed her hands on her pants as she nervously looked at the door. They were meeting her biological grandparents at Shawn's parents house who agreed to host the meeting for safety reasons for their son's family safety.

    The doorbell rung bringing everyone out of their own heads. Isabela stood up and as she was about to reach the door she bolted and ran to the guest bathroom with Camila close on her tail. Shawn sighed and opened the door revealing Fernanda's parents who were obviously nervous about the meeting.

    "Hi, Shawn" Maria said. Shawn nodded and shook her hand as well as João's hand who cleared his throat and got nervous under Shawn's stare.

"Please come in." His mother appeared behind him making him stop staring at João. "I'm Karen, Shawn's mother." Karen said opening the door for them and shaking their hands as they went into the house.

"Where is Isabela?" Maria asked clearly disappointed that she wasn't in the room.

"She is in the bathroom." He said curtly. Camila came out of the corridor giving Shawn a look that he knew meant she was not coming out of the bathroom easily. Camila bid the couple hello and went back into the corridor.

"Isabela sweetie, come out." Shawn coaxed from other side of the door.

"No!" This was a mistake I am not ready for this daddy. They were mean to bio mom, and... and didn't accept me!" She said, her sobs clear in her voice making Shawn's and Camila's heart clench.

"Honey, I can send them away if that is what you want, but remember what I told you 2 weeks ago?" Shawn asked through the still closed door.

"Yeah." She responded softly.

"People change and they try to fix their mistakes, that doesn't mean what they did was right and it didn't happen because it did, but they are trying to fix it and maybe just maybe they deserve a second chance and if you still say no I'll chase them out of the house so fast that they won't even see it coming." Shawn said as a tear slid down his cheek.

"Okay..." She responded softly before opening the door. "A second chance it is." She said wiping away her tears and hugging her dad who embraced her strongly. She extended an arm to Camila who was crying on the side line. She joined the hug and that very hug gave Isabela the confidence to out there and meet her biological maternal grandparents.

She slowly walked behind as Shawn and Camila headed into the room. They both stood there next to each other. Maria and João  stood up in anticipation and soon enough Isabela came out of the corridor looking João dead in the eyes. She might have her mother's eyes but she definitely had her dad's stare Camila thought.

Silence. It was all that could be heard in the room. Maria moved slowly closer to Isabela . She went for a hug but Isabela put her hand up stopping her and making her take a step back. Isabela went to the other side of the room in front of her parents and stood there looking the other couple up and down trying to see where her bio mom got it all from.

Author's note

OH SHIT! It is about to go down. Also brave of Isabela and really responsible to not take a hug from someone she does not know what so ever even if that person is her grandmother. 

xoxo Love Ana xoxo