Clip the Owl's Wings- Act 2

One Friday morning, footsteps echoed throughout the courtyard, making heads turn. Walking in was Inspector Ashlyn Riera with a mission and no time for nonsense.

Inspector Ashlyn Riera always knew there was something seriously wrong with Francoise Dupont. It was an Akuma hotspot, which made sense. It was filled with angsty teenagers just trying to survive and make it through the day without being judged for their outfits, friend groups, or sexualities. But the strangest thing was that it was the main collége in Paris being Akumatized. Some schools had the occasional Akuma attacks about once or twice a month, but Dupont was like a magnet.

The school board waited for calls and emails from the Principal, teachers, parents, and even students for help on dealing with the many Akumas that plagued the school, but, nothing. When they started Akuma drills, the board assumed everything was under control and the current principal could handle it.

Or so they thought.

The Board received a very heavy envelope provided by the mayor on a Thursday afternoon. Clearly, this was important. As they read over the reports and looked at the photos inside, the Board knew that they have been had. Had by a seedy Principal with no regard for student safety as long as they were rich. Ashlyn felt like she needed to throw up after going through everything in the folder. Dupont is a school where young, impressionable children are dismissed every time they come forward with a problem, and where teachers' jobs are threatened if they try to punish bullies with powerful parents. She wasn't going to stand for it. Immediately, the Latina woman volunteered to storm into the school and put that sorry excuse for a Principal in his place.

Students parted for the red power suit-clad woman with her brown hair tied into a bun and her hand gripping the handle of a brown leather suitcase tightly. They didn't know why, but something about this woman just screamed, 'Hell is at your door.'

While the students parted out of slight intimidation, the teachers parted out of respect for Ashlyn. The fencing teacher even saluted her as she walked by, and the glint in her eyes had Mme. Mendelieve concerned, but so relieved it wasn't directed towards her. She wasn't a religious person but prayed for God to have mercy on the soul of the person Inspector Ashlyn would be meeting with. Everyone in the district knew about her. Every school she goes to inspect either gets shut down, the entire staff gets fired and replaced, or just the Principal gets fired and is banned from working in the education field ever again.

Watching her walk in from the second floor of the school were The Primaires, wearing almost nothing but black. The only splash of colors were their pins, Chloé's yellow belt, Nathaniel's red shoelaces and phone case as he was recording the scene for Marc since he was at the orthodontist's, and the blue headband Marinette's veil was attached to.

Aurore approached and asked while occasionally stealing glances at the woman, "Why all black?"

Marinette smiled, "Well, Aurore, black is the appropriate color to wear to a funeral."

A gleeful smirk spread across the weather girl's face as she leaned over the railing to get a better look at Ashlyn, now walking up the stairs with such ease for someone wearing what had to be four-inch heels. Those are sure to intimidate someone. And if not, they look perfect for stabbing. "Please tell me she's going for Damocles. I've been pissed with that guy since he started taking away funds from the journalism club."

They just smiled, not saying another word. The woman in red was now on the second floor and making her way towards Damocles' office. Teachers who were in their classrooms did double-takes when she walked by, and one even dropped her coffee out of pure shock. They all had the same thought, 'Hell has arrived.' And they all wondered who she would drag down with her.