diametric discovery

Leo hitched his breath, preparing for an impact that never came. His hands tightly clutched to Taurus' suit, both of them with tears streaming down their face. Slowly, mysteriously their fall began to slow.

Adrenaline fanatically erupted into their bloodstreams but began to dissipate as they felt themselves bounce upward, the lazily drop back down. Woven, stretchy rope had seemed to break their fall.

"L-Leo? Taurus!" Libra breathlessly bellowed. She frantically ushered towards the net that caught them, desperate to free them.

"You guys better hurry, I would assume Scorpio and Aquarius are making their way down as we speak," Virgo warned.

Libra nodded, her attention skyrocketed upward as she heard the sound of falling, "It's them!"

She recognized the girl with short, dark hair plummet into the net, "Aw man," she complained, "this means my theory is right."

"What theory?" Capricorn inquired.

Aquarius freed herself from the net, surveying her surroundings, "That they weren't trying to kill us... yet."

Capricorn shook his head, "How did you figure that?"

She was interrupted by a pebble falling from below, it might be possible that Scorpio was going hand to hand with Vega but to her, it was unlikely that he would willingly fight someone who was armed.

The eleven of them began to observe their surroundings. Why would Vega trap them like this, instead of just killing them?

Cancer ran his gloved fingers over the walls, Gemini lit up the path, finding it almost, if not damper than the stairwell they had been led through. The walls were stone, but not the organized brick stone that the halls were made of.

"Hello?" Pisces called, her voice ricocheting off the panels.

A collision was heard from behind them as the potential energy built up in the net. A dark, thin figure victoriously grunted, trying to free himself.

Aquarius beamed. She reached down, taking his hand in hers, "You finally made it."

He proudly heaved himself upwards, taking a firm stance on the ground. He soon frowned as his virtue was returned to him, a cold, hysterical presence disturbed him. It felt as if it was coming from a single direction.

"...Hold on." He muttered, "I think someone's trying to tell me something."

Pisces turned her head, she placed a hand on his shoulder. She knew his virtue always gave him some anxiety, "Are you okay?"

"Someone died here," his expression went soft, "Follow me. The spirit is showing me something."

Scorpio kept his eyes tightly shut, which is what he normally did when communicating with the deceased. He frowned at the spirit as he followed it. It definitely wasn't a human who died here or any Quinish folks. 

"Who are you?" Scorpio asked. His friends, unaware he was speaking.

"I was the former spirit of Sirius," it whispered, "I wasn't born into another world."

Scorpio didn't know how to respond. Frankly, he didn't know that was possible. It occurred to him now, why the Keeper was so insistent on keeping them all alive. Sure, it may take a while to re-find her celestials but in virtually no time, she could retrieve them. 

Perhaps it was true, of course, until now, he thought this sort of death was a myth for celestials.

"It's rare," Sirius read his confusion, "But don't worry, the new Sirius is doing much better than I."

"Where are you taking me?" he asked.

"Here." Sirius disengaged the communication. He stood, behind a tall, ebony metal door. He caressed the rustic wheel that would open it. It looked as if it hadn't been opened in millennia.

That couldn't be true because, on the inside, they heard Vega and Eris speaking in a low, mischievous tone.

His blood ran cold as he heard Vega's voice double. One sounded more frantic, despite not knowing what they were saying.

"It's... a vault," Aries growled, his flame turning blue.

Aries nearly broke the door down as he stomped towards the familiar muffled voices. Before he could make a sound, Sagittarius held him back, covering his mouth.

"Don't you remember?" Leo pleaded, "We don't have our weapons."

"You could put us in danger... again." Sagittarius soothed. His body relaxed at her words.

"Dammit, what do we do?" he applied his wrist to his forehead.

Scorpio listened closer, surely with all of their virtues combined, they could do something. If only it wasn't for Eris' virtue that allowed them to revoke theirs for a short period.

"We wait for Eris to leave," Capricorn declared, "We know they won't come through this door. I mean look at it, it hasn't been opened in a very long time."

An anguished outcry was heard from behind the door, making all of the Zodiacs' blood run cold. They recognized the voice, the twelve heroes stood, frozen in fear.

Those from the inside could be heard shouting profanity in a foreign language. Nobody could understand what they were saying. However, It was obvious they were not worried about drawing attention.

What unnerve them the was instantaneous pause that followed. Shivers spiraled down their spines, as they heard faint footsteps decrescendo out of the room. 

Aries calmly approached the door, his palm was glowing red. Unimaginable heat radiated from his hand as he touched the door, watching the metal begin to soften.

The once ebony barrier was now a vivid glowing orange, yellow and red. Gradually, the door began to melt and dissolve into the stone floor. Nobody questioned the Spirit of Aries as he obliterated it.

A livid feeling that he couldn't shake rattled his body as his eyes scanned the room. The room was similar to the hall they were previously in. Blood soaked in patched all over the walls. It was vacant besides a gagged, horrified Vega who was tied to a rusty iron pole.

×××
a/n
hello everyone! I apologize if you enjoyed my first zodiac story I unpublished for the time being but I promise it will be out again soonn.

Second, I'm promoting my first Attack On Titan Fanfiction! Please check it out if you have the time.

I apologize that this chapter was so short, I like cliffhangers lol.

now finally,
to be continued...