𝕆𝕦𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝔻𝕒𝕪

Previously...

The rescued hostage heard and glanced over, his expression softer than before. He locked eyes with me and nodded. I nodded back.

Maybe I can't interfere with fate. But I can make sure the people around me stay alive to follow their destiny. That's all that matters.

Now...

The ear-splitting sound of my dad using his quirk woke me up.

"WAKEY WAKEY, IT'S TIME FOR SCHOOL!"

Thanks to his quirk, I got blasted out of bed and ended up on the floor. I groaned and sat up.

I glanced over to my doorway with a deadpan expression, to meet eyes the same shade of green as mine. His blonde hair was falling over his shoulders- from the looks of it he hadn't gelled it up yet.

"Chip, if you don't get up now you're gonna be late to school." The tired voice of Oto-San interrupted my staring contest with Dad. I glanced over to see him standing behind his soulmate, the letters on the back of his hand reading HY. And on his other hand, the one resting on my doorframe, it read SB. Serena Black. My mother.

Out of habit I activated my quirk, my eyes turning bright red. A red string connected my two fathers in front of me, and from each of them there was also a severed gray string. The sign of a lost soulmate.

I deactivated my quirk and got up. My dads, satisfied, walked into the living room slash kitchen- I could already hear them pestering eachother.

Hesitantly I walked over to my dresser and picked up a framed photo. In it, a woman with light brown hair, black glasses, and bright blue eyes held a baby in her arms. Me.

My finger hovered over her face, and I closed my fist. I wish she was still here. Every day. I sigh and put the picture back and change.

"Want us to walk to school with you?" Oto-San murmured quietly. I guess he could sense my mood. I'm not surprised.

"No. I don't need my classmates knowing I have two pro heroes for parents." I turned to face him. "They'd think I'm more disappointing than I already am."
——————————
I silently walked towards UA in my uniform- it was mostly the same except for the addition of two blue shoulder pads to distinguish me as a second-year.

I heard fast footsteps and braced myself, feeling Rose leap into my back.

"Good morning, Chip-Kun!"

I rolled my eyes. "I figure we've known eachother long enough to drop the honorifics, Rose-Chan."

She giggled and I sighed. Why were my two best friends girls?

I gently set her down and waved to Leebell, who waved back.

"You seem down this morning." She commented quietly, in her usual fashion.

"I was thinking about my mom again." I murmured, moving my gaze to my feet.

"Chip... that happened in junior high. At some point you need to get over it and move forward." Leebell said. A mixture between a scolding and comforting, huh?

"You don't have to see your dad's severed soulmate strings every day." I countered, picking up my pace. Leebell watched me go, a concerned expression on her face.
——————————
I walked into my classroom- 2-C. There were a couple of new faces, transfers from other courses usually- it was rare for a school as prestigious as U.A to accept transfers from other schools. My eyes landed on a familiar head of curly green hair and my eyebrows furrowed.

He shouldn't be here, so why is he? My brain echoed as he turned around to face me.

"S-Senpai! If y-you'd made me wait any longer I-I'd be late!" The plain-looking kid stuttered over his words and my eyebrows furrowed further.

"Kid, why are you here?" I bit back a groan.

"I-I, well, I remember what you said that day. About how I should give up if my quirk's not good enough. I wanted to say I won't. I'm not going to give up my dream."

I felt compelled to step away from him but I stood my ground, eyes flaring red.

"I've said it once, I'll say it again. Those without potential have no reason to become heroes, and you-"

As I spoke, my eyes drifted to his hand, and it was there I stopped. He had strings. Two of them. One was small, very thin, like this was the first life he'd met them in. But the other was about normal thickness- like they'd already met in their past lives.

I grabbed him by the wrist, red eyes pulsing with the mixture of rage and confusion I felt. "We need to talk. Now."

His green eyes were wide as I dragged him out of the classroom and into the hallway.

"What the hell did you do?" I asked, my voice low.

"W-what are you talking abo-"

"Your quirk. You didn't have one before."

He froze, his green eyes wide. I could see the rise and fall of his chest speed up.

"H-how did you-"

"My quirk. Now answer the question."

"I-I can't."

"What do you mean, you can't?"

"I-it's not m-my secret to tell."

I backed off, running my hand through my hair. "Fine. Prove me wrong, kid."

"I-it's M-Midoriya. M-Midoriya I-Izuku."

"Alright, Midoriya. Get to your class before you get in trouble."

He scampered off, and I was left wondering how a kid with no quirk suddenly developed one at 15.
——————————