03

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping

I dreamed I held you in my arms
But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head and I cried.

°°°°°°°°°°

Jongseob wakes up in the middle of the night and saw a ghostly white figure watching him from the dark corner of his room. A smile slowly crept up it's face, and he felt fear pierce through his veins.

When he opened the light, it was gone.

His body shook slightly and he turns his head to look at the clock. Before he could comprehend what time it was, the clock let's out a loud beep.

Jongseob slapped his hand over the alarm and sat up, running his hand through his purple hair.

"Ugh." He groaned in annoyance before getting up from his bed, but not without glancing at the far corner of his room where he had seen the figure.

He walked into the living room and started making himself cereal for breakfast.

"Seobbie? What's got you so shaken up?" His mother asks as she entered the house, taking off her shoes.

"Mom? I thought you weren't coming home until next month?" Jongseob asked. Everything had become confusing to him. His mother started coming home more, his father stopped drinking, and his sister started being more nicer. It wasn't like this before.

"I know, but I asked them to shorten my trip so I can stay with my beloved family." She cooed and hugged her son tightly.

"Uh, mom, I think that's enough." He pushed himself away and grabbed milk from the fridge.

"Okay, okay. Eat well, Jongseob. Your father will drive you to school!" His mother waved at him before entering her shared room with his father. Weird. She never shared rooms with his father.

After finishing his breakfast, Jongseob took a shower and changed into his uniform.

"Let's go to school, kiddo!" His father raised his hand to ruffle his hair, making Jongseob flinch slightly.

During the ride, his father kept complimenting and praising him, making Jongseob slightly uncomfortable with how different he was.

Jongseob waved to his father and entered the school building. He looked for Jiung and Intak, but the two were nowhere to be found.