We would | chapter 1

POV: Tommy

I looked at my phone. Fuck. I forgot to charge overnight and I only had 4%. It was 7am, Miss Minx would probably come soon to wake us up. My eyes wandered to Tubbo. He was still sleeping peacefully next to me.

There was a knock on our shabby door. A tall women with long dark purple hair and mean looking makeup came in our small room. She wasnt mean, she was the only person in this orphanage except for Tubbo, who I really liked being around. She smiled at Tubbo and me. "Good morning, Tommy. I got quite good news for both of you. You wanna wake your brother up?", she asked nicely. She was the only one who respected Tubbo and me. She knew how Tubbo only trusts me, she knew we've gone through a lot and she always tried everything to protect us.

I nodded and gently wiped through Tubbos face. His eyes opened slowly. "Hey. You okay, Tubs?" I whispered. He nodded sleepy. Miss Minx kept talking. "Morning Tubbo. There is someone waiting in my office, he said he would like to foster and maybe adopt you guys. He seems nice, he really does. You should give him a chance. Maybe you both can finally be in a better place. I'll see you downstairs if you're ready!" She smiled and walked away.

I looked at Tubbo. "Tubs, are you good?" Again, he slightly nodded. "If Minx says he is alright, maybe we should give him a chance." I grinned at him. Of course I was as scared as he was. We both had horrible interactions with people who wanted to foster us. But there were also people who talked to us, realising Tubbo wouldn't talk with them and they loose interest. I really hoped he would be one of them.

We both stood up and dressed ourselves. We knew that whenever someone wants to talk to us, we had to have our bags already packed, if they actually wanted to take us with them. I grabbed Tubbos bee-backpack and tried to put as many things as possible in his small stuffie. His backpack was selfmade. He got this chunky bee-plushie as a gift at his birth, but one of the guys who bullied us found it and took all of the filling out of it. I showed it Miss Minx and the next day, she brought her sewing machine with her and helped me sewing a backpack out of the empty piece of fabric. That was the first time I've ever seen Tubbo smile.

I finished packing my bag and put on an old dark blue hoodie with a khaki colored pair of shorts and grabbed Tubbos hand. He held his notepad with a few words and drawings, which i made for him to communicate. He had never talked a single word in his life. Which made it quite hard for us to find someone who really cares.

When we finally got into Miss Minx' office,
a short man in a black shirt and a dark green coat sat in front of Miss Minx. We already knew we had to sit down next to her. The man friendly waved to us. Tubbo waved back. Miss Minx started talking.

POV: Phil

"The older one is named Tomathy, he prefers Tommy. Younger boy is Toby, called Tubbo." said the lady behind her desk. "Hello Boys. I am Philza, you can call me Phil. I like crows and as you can see, i also like the color green. What about you?" I asked. Tommy immediatly answered.

"Tubbo likes bees and also green and yellow. I like music and red." I saw how intense the younger one squeezed his brothers hand. I kept talking. "One of my sons, Wilbur also likes music. He plays the guitar and loves to sing. You two would really like each other." The older one nodded. "Tubbo, I bet you know an interesting fact about bees. You wanna talk about that?" I tried to break the ice. He looked scared at Tommy, who pointed to a notepad in his hand. Tubbo flipped through it and showed me a page with the sentence "I don't speak". I saw the challenging look from Tommy.

"Oh no worries, you don't need to say anything" I smiled gently. I looked at the lady next to them, who didn't told me about that. She nodded slightly, without the boys noticing. In my head, I was already sure I would take them both home with me. They seemed to be two lovable boys who would really match our family. I carefully asked "Would you two like to come with me? I think you both match pretty well with our family and I'd like to help you guys." Tommy seemed shocked. He looked at Tubbo, who nodded fast. Tommy looked back to me. "Yea. We would" he answered to my question.

▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•
ayyy first chapter pog :D
let me know if you like it, hope you guys have a good day :) btw 860 words :3