Chapter 2

The bell rings. Finally. Zoey and I walk out from Science and go put our books away seeing as it was lunchtime.

"Sophie, I mean it, what did you ever do to Calum and the boys for them to dislike you so much??" Zoey asked me

"I actually don't know" I replied back.

"Did you ever bully them when they were younger or what...?"

I thought for a moment. Something occured to me

"Well, um, there was this one thing that happened last year" I hesitated. I hated this memory and I will never forgive myself for doing, and it seems like nor has Calum.

"What is it?" Zoey asked, focusing on me.

"Last year, Calum and I were the best of friends. One day, he calls me and I don't answer" I stopped talking. I held back a tear.

"The next day at school he told me I was too late. He needed my mothers assistance to help his dad. You see, his dad had lung cancer and my mum had a special needle that he had to take every few months to keep him living. That was the only thing that was keeping him alive. I didn't answer my phone and he passed away. Calum was so sad and he never spoke to me, I apologised so many times and he never forgave me. I haven't even forgiven myself for not being there for his father and him so I don't know how Calum could" I breathed.

Zoey sighed.

"Wow, and why didn't you pick up the phone?" Zoey asked

"I was with my boyfriend at the time and he was very jealous of Calum and I's friendship and he took my phone and disconnected it before I answered it. I asked him why he did that and he never answered my question" I sighed.

"I'm so sorry, i would hate you forever if that happened to me and my dad" Zoey mumbled.

"Don't worry, I hate myself now for what Nathan did"

"Who's Nathan?" Zoey looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"He was my ex" I answered

"Nathan Lollipop?"

"Yeah, do you know him?"

"yes, he is the biggest faggot in the school, every time he gets a girlfriend, he cheats on her with some other slut" she exclaimed.

I froze. Maybe he was cheating on me in our relationship.

"Then what happened between you and him?" Zoey asked me

"I broke up with him because of what happened between Calum and I" I told her.

We both walked to out special spot underneath a tree where we could watch all the hot guys playing their sports. After calums dad died, I seemed to have developed feelings for him. Feelings that I have never felt before. A group of tall boys walk up to me and Zoey.

"Hey soph, hey soph, hey soph, why didn't you pick up the phone? Huh? Huh? HUUUUUUH?????" Calums best friend, Luke said to me

They have been making my life into hell ever since that unforgivable day.

"Leave her alone why don't you?" Zoey barked back at him

"Maybe she should pick up her phone" Michael said to me.

Calum just gave me a look which caused all the memories of our friendship back into my head and I missed all of that. When I fell off my bike when he was teaching me how to ride it. When we first made pasta and there was pasta and pasta sauce everywhere and my mum made us clean it all up and we had a soap and water fight in the kitchen. When his dad had taken us to his work and we opened the window and all his paper work began flying around and us 3 trying to pick up all the paper. When we first started highschool and we promised each other that we will always be there each other.

"Come on guys, leave Sophie alone" my thoughts were interrupted by a male voice, it was Calums other friend, Ashton.

Luke shot a dirty look at me and threw the sandwich that he had in his hand at me.

"What the...?" I said

He picked up the sandwich from the floor and stroked it.

"I'm sorry babey, did I hurt you?" Luke said to his sandwich and ate it in 2 big bites. And they walked away.

Calum hasn't been himself since the incident, he was the most popular guy and he always stood out and talked to people. He still is popular now but the only people he talks to are Luke, Michael and Ashton. The bells goes and we head off to class. I head to my locker and Calum walks past me, putting his foot out, causing me to trip and faceplant the floor.....

"CALUM HOOD" Mr Black yelled from across the corridor.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N hello all :) hope you enjoy this chapter, I probably won't update for a while because I have no WiFi and atm I'm using maccas WiFi. lolol. thanks :) and I procrastinate. a lot. follow me guizzz @heyitsleen_ feel free to comment and vote and tell me what you think of the fanfic xoxo