01. MIRROR

HER DEMON

The sound of the water leaking from the faucet is the only thing that she can hear. Her warm and salty tears that mixes with the foul water from the pale that the janitor has left at the restroom to take his afternoon break, soaked her entire body.

Psycho. Bitch. Ugly.

Insults that hurt like a thousand knives pierced through her heart. Hurts more than the physical abuse she receives from the people who thought was her family to the mean girls in their classroom who always make fun and pour their frustrations on her.

Scanning herself on the dirty and misty mirror, her eyes stopped as her reflection on the mirror also looked back at her.

The person she knew she was before, it was gone. The cheerfulness and confidence she once had was replaced by disgust and hatred.

"Don’t cry little one, you still have me."

She shut her eyes closed as she felt her cold skin against her wet and pale skin, her hot breath on her ears continued whispering comforting words that she doesn't like but brings comfort to herself.

How many times did she shut her down? How many times was it that she ignored her? How many times has she pretended like she doesn't hear her voice, calling to her?

"We will let them pay for mistreating us."

Is that what she wanted? Revenge? She doesn't know. She can't think. Her mind is consumed by anger and hatred until she couldn't feel it anymore. She became blank.

It felt like she was trapped in a void. A cold and dark place that she long hated. Until a girl appeared before her. A girl that she knew. She was always there for her. Giving her the comfort and words she always seeks out on others that they never gave her. She was the only one who stayed beside her when all of them turned their backs on her.

This little girl is the only one who made her feel the warmth she was seeking.

"I will forever be here for you."

The girl smiled at her before disappearing, leaving her in that cold room. She smiled as hot tears rolled down her cheeks as she stared at the sight in front of her. The feeling of content creeped in her whole system as she watched the pool of blood gushing from her classmates' body. The people who made her suffer before will never do it again to her.

Because they're dead. She gave in to her demons.