Special Someone

"No matter how much you love and treasure something, there will always be the chance that you'll lose it anyway."

/--/ /--/ /--/ /--/

Y/N slowly opened her eyes to a pure white space. She squinted slightly, the brightness being a bit much for her as she looked at her surroundings. There were small clouds underneath her, acting as a solid surface to support her body even though they were free-flowing.

She bitterly smiled to herself. "I.. I did it. I ended my life."

Little pieces of her memory flashed through her mind, remembering how she stood over a tall bridge before letting herself fall backwards into the water below. The moment she hit the water, everything went dark before she suddenly woke up in this strange place.

Is this supposed to be the afterlife..? I didn't think it would be so.. empty..

Y/N sat up and pulled her knees close to her chest as she looked off into the vast distance. She immediately noticed that her forearms were completely red compared to the rest of her pale body. As she looked them over, confused, a thought came to her head as she pulled down the collar of her hoodie. She looked at the backside of her left and right shoulders, seeing that they too were red like her forearms.

This must be from hitting the water..

Another strange thing that Y/N noticed was that she was still involuntarily breathing. She held her hand to her chest, yet she felt no heartbeat. In addition, she tried to think about a certain someone that usually made her heart ache to hell and back, but she didn't feel that either.

Am I actually dead or what..?

However, Y/N concluded that since she was in some sort of afterlife, things wouldn't act the same as they would in the real world. Accepting her condition, she decided to stand up and walk around the vast space she was in. She had no clue where to go, but she wanted to pick a direction and see what would become of it.

It was better than just sitting around and being confused.

As Y/N walked, she couldn't help but frown at her own actions. Even though her heart couldn't feel anymore emotions, she still had a phantom sense of what "Regret" and "Guilt" felt like. She had finally gone through with her plan to end her life, to end the suffering she was trying to endure ever since she lost the most important girl in the world to her. The worst part to Y/N was that it wasn't because of an outside force, but rather.. it was her own doing.

She was too delusional, too idealistic.. and it tore her relationship apart.

Yet, despite how much she hated herself, Y/N had her two best friends there by her side through the entire ordeal. Park Jihyo and Chou Tzuyu, two of the three most wonderful girls to have ever existed in her eyes. Her best friends were in a relationship of their own, yet they were more than willing to sacrifice their time together to try and nurse Y/N's mental state back to normal. It always made the girl feel awful and more of a burden than anything. She always told them the truth about her feelings and thoughts, but the one thing she could never mention was her desire to kill herself.

It was the most selfish thing she could've ever done. She loved Jihyo and Tzuyu to death, but she loved her Special Someone on a different level. When that girl, Myoui Mina, disappeared from her life, her entire world shattered. She not only lost her girlfriend, but she also lost her best friend, her other half, her pride, her joy, and her will to push through any problem that Life threw at her. To Y/N, Mina was someone that could only be met once in a lifetime. She was always a step above the most exceptional people, always someone who would fill an empty heart and mind with so much happiness with just her presence alone.