6

Levi took me shackles off for the second time since I met him in order to let me transform.

No matter how much I protested, they were set on having me fight Eren and watch from the sidelines, ready to kill me if I tried to kill him.

It wasn't a death match but it sure felt like one, given the audience and the flat ground we were to fight on.

Residents didn't really move back into the third wall yet so the land was still pretty much devastated from Zeke's attack, making for the perfect arena.

Eren was already in his offensive stance as a Titan waiting for the battle while others were geared up on the sidelines to take over if things got out of control.

I was contemplating if I should just lose to show that I'm not much of a threat and was almost set on it until Levi ruined it

"We have no use for half-assed brats."

It's almost as if he read my mind. Dammit now I couldn't save some of my cards, he would know immediately if I held back especially since they saw me fight even when I was badly injured.

I sighed and as soon as he stepped back, I used the nail of my thumb to cut a small wound in my neck and transformed.

Judging from Eren's stance, he was in offensive mode so I took on defence. I didn't clench my fists and held my arms close to my body so they would block my torso but didn't cross them.

Hanje gave us the signal and as soon as she did, Eren lunged at me, straight for the nape.

I ducked to dodge the blow and grabbed his stomach to push him backwards. He went stumbling to the ground but quickly got back up.

I retook my stance but this time went for an attack myself. It looked like a karate chop but at the last second, I made a fist and punched him right in the face.

He got quite the blow but took the opportunity to grab my head and tried to knee it but it was his knee that got injured instead of my forehead.

He let out a roar and Mikasa started looking concerned on the sidelines while Armin held her back.

Eren was getting impatient and confused as to why my forehead was harder than his knee. Ofcourse he didn't realize it was something he too could do because he focused solely on offense.

I took the opportunity to grab his shoulders to hold him down and got out of my Titan form which he didn't seem to notice.

With that, he was too occupied with trying to get the Titan away from him as I got to his nape in human form and after hardening my arm, went straight for the neck.

It was only a matter of seconds and I had pulled him out of his Titan and threw him to the ground from above, just Infront of Mikasa so she would catch him from dying after falling from such a height.

He changed into a Titan again before falling though, ready for round two but the battle was already decided. I jumped down, making my way to Levi.

"Your boy needs more training, Captian."

"Tch."

If he was surprised that I won, he didn't show it. I held out my arms infront of him so he'd put the shackles back on but he didn't.

"You are the one who's going to train him."

"Huh?"

He didn't explain more while I just stood there with a shocked expression. Did he want me to train Eren? That's absurd.

"I'm no-"

"Either you do it or I put you in prison."

Hanje appeared from behind and tried to explain it better than he did.

"What he means is-"

"I know, I know what he meant."

When he said that, it was clear what he meant even if he put it harshly. I guess the only way he could stop me from going to prison was if I was pardoned for being Eren's teacher.

My expression softened as I realized the man was just trying to keep me from prison even if it was for his own motives, I was still grateful.

"Thankyou, Captian."

I gave him a smile. He seemed to be taken by surprise and Hanje had just let her jaw drop in pure shock.

"What?"

I questioned their shock but neither of them answered me, just stared.

"That was amazing! How did you do that?"

Sasha chimed in after wrapping an arm around my neck. She and I became pretty close over the journey considering our love for food, obviously mine falling short.

"Wait here while they make a decision."

With that, Levi left with Hanje to talk to the council while Sasha kept me company.

They came back shortly and Hanje had the most cheerful smile ever.

"So good news. You're going to be a member of the Survey Corps!"

"You'll get all the good food and no one can question your identity and-"

"You'll need to train."

Levi interrupted Hanje as usual.

"Yeah yeah Levi she obviously knows that!"

"Does she?"

"Yeah. Joining the Survey Corps is no joke, I know."

I repeated the same words he had said to me during my 'interrogation'.

"Yeah you'll need to kill Titans you know, even if you could fight Eren, it's a matter of life and death out there."

Jean tried to warn me about the dangers I was up against, saying if I wanted an out it was now or never, there was no going back. 

But I knew that way before he ever said it, I was already more determined than I lead on, completely aware of the risks and the people I was up against.

"Then I'll devote my heart."

The moment I said that, there was silence. No one tried to make me back out anymore as if it was an unsaid rule between them.

"Wow you already learned the salute."

"Salute?"

"Yeah it's what we say when joining the squad."

Armin explained as he held his right fist to his heart with the other one behind his back.

I made an oh sound. How ironic that this was the salute they chose...if only Ymir would have known.