Theory #3: Accidental Death and Cover Up

Robert F. Kennedy's affair with Marilyn is in it's final phases.

The United States Attorney General realizes that the relationship is posing a serious threat to his career.

Marilyn makes repeated telephone calls to Washington to speak with him, but he never answers the calls.

Marilyn feels abandoned and Threatens Kennedy that she will go public with her affairs with him and his brother.

Robert Kennedy makes a final break on August 4th, 1962.

Incognito, he flies from North California, where he's spending the weekend with his family, to Los Angeles, to have a final discussion with Marilyn.

He arrives at a Brentwood house, at approximately 4:30 PM.

Marilyn reacts to his decision to end the affair with unexpected violence.

They have an argument.

Unable to calm Marilyn, Robert Kennedy leaves the house and drives to the villa of his Brother In-Law, Peter Lawford.

They're having a small dinner party to which Marilyn had been invited, but decided not to come.

In a clearly drugged state, she then telephoned several times with friends who remained unconcerned of her condition, because they had experienced her like this, before.

Shortly around 8:30 PM, Peter Lawford calls Marilyn for the last time.

Out of context, and apparently about to lose consciousness, she whispers her goodbye into the receiver: "Say goodbye to Pat, say goodbye to Jack and say goodbye to yourself, cause you're a nice guy."

The line goes dead.

Peter attempts to call back, but the line is busy.

He realizes Marilyn's life may be in danger.

Lawford informs Robert Kennedy, who is still in his villa at this point.

Kennedy and Lawford decide to go to Marilyn's house, despite the danger of a scandal.

By the time they arrive, Marilyn is already in a coma.

They call an ambulance from the Schaefer Ambulance company.

Marilyn dies on her way to the Hospital.

Desperate, Kennedy and Lawford decide to take her body back to her house.

While Robert Kennedy is being spirited out of Los Angeles by helicopter, Lawford desperately attempts to cover up all signs of Kennedy's presence and to destroy the red diary, together with PR agent, Arthur Jacobs, Marilyn's lawyer, Milton Rudin, Private Detective, Fred Otash, and several 20th Century Fox employees.

It is possible, that Robert F. Kennedy called FBI Chief, J. Edgar Hoover on the same night.

A few hours later, FBI Agents, under orders from Washington, remove all telephone records from the telephone company, in which Marilyn's long distance calls over the last days were listed.

When Sergeant Jack Clemmons from the L.A.P.D arrives ten minutes later, all incriminating evidence has already disappeared.