1- Summer

One day, John Parker was fiddling around with his yoyo. It was a steaming hot day in John's gigantic backyard in Florida. Summer had just came rolling around the corner and his two sisters and brother were still at college.

The closest person he had to a playmate was a six year-old brother. But his six year-old brother, Mark, was only into Deigo and dump trucks. John thought he was too old for that silliness: He was therefore twelve.

Just then, John's dad, Brody, came stomping out the front door.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE RAISING OUR INCOME TAXES BY $60,000?" Brody yelled, rolling his eyes in annoyance. At first John didn't see Brody's phone by his ear and thought his dad was talking to him.

"Dad, are you ok?" He asked, worried about his dad. Brody made a "be quiet" motion to his son and walked out to his hammock in the frond yard. John and his family always joked that Brody could live in that hammock because he was always lounging and swinging around in it on hot days like this one. John gazed at the sun, then a while later went inside because his stomach was growling like a monster.

John rummaged through the pantry looking for something good to eat. After thinking about it, John decided on a granola bar. Before he could go back outside, his mom stopped him at the screen door.

"When are you going to vacuum the living room?" Isabelle, his mom, asked. John sighed, frustrated. He just detested vacuuming.

"I'll do it tonight," he promised, slumping his shoulders and scowling. "I'm going to check the calendar." John made his way to the family calendar that read "June" with a landscape of beach balls and pools.
(Authors note- I know this has a slow start and it will for the first few chapters but please, please, please give it a chance! Thanks, Sportsstriker)