Prologue

Minx is on the run. She run through the thick bushes, twigs scraped against her pale skin, she ignore the pain. The bushes made stratches on her face, arms, and legs. Her purple bangs are messily all over her face, making it hard for Minx to see where she was going. Minx was only 8, a young age to be running away from her home. Minx wore a black vest and a camouflage t-shirt underneathe, her black jeans were ripped at her knees, she wore black wore-out hightops. Her brown moche hair was pulled back into a high ponytail. Her lose bangs were in her face, making her distracted to run.

Her stomach groan for food, she ignores it and keep running. It's not worth it for her to stop. Her stomach etch in pain, she ignores it, she can't just stop now. She ran near a tree, a spell blasted at the exact tree, which made Minx whimpered. She looked back, soon reget it. A green light glow, Minx jumped out of the way. She covered her head, as she landed face first into the ground. She got up quickly and dush off her clothes before running away from the scene. She was pretty good at dodging the spells. She looked back, just mist that's it. She stopped running, she looked around her surrenderings staying in one place. She felt a wind of force, and she flew to her right, like someone just tackle her.

She looked at the person. The person was a guy first all. He was a mixture of olive and peachy skin, but it was mostly olive. His hair was short,ruffled and messy, his hair was like midnight brown. His hair was a mixture of wavy and straight. He wore dirty and ripped up blue jeans. He wore a white tank-top underneath of a gray sweater, and a black light fall jacket overtop. He was about 3 inches taller than Minx. Minx's eyes were in fear, she didn't know if she should run, cast a spell or say "thank you".

"Who are you?" Minx manage to say.

"Chilled. The name is Chilled, yours?" The boy said, Minx noticed that Chilled should be around the same age as her. Chilled sounded confident, but there was a tint of fears in his voice.

"You are too confident, you must be one of them." Minx muttered. Chilled seems to hear. The 2 finally got up to their feet.

"I am not a Tenebrosi Sider, I promise. The Tenebrosi killed my parents at a young age, too young to even remember them. So my 2 older brothers saved my life and ran. When I was 5, they left me behind." Chilled explained.

"The name is Minx, by the way. My parents- they died too. I hated them, but when I left, the house blew up and my family just died. But don't feel sorry to me, I hated them, they treated me like I'm nothing. So I'm on a run, looking for a new family, but the dark siders keep chasing me." Minx explained.

"You are young to be mature." Chilled stated.

"And you are young to be smart." Minx added with a small grin, with a tint of sacrasm.

"Whatever." Chilled rolled his eyes. Minx frowned. Hustling sounds were heard in the bushes next to them. Minx pulled out a Celestial bronze dagger, it glew in the dark shadow-y area they are in. 10 men came out, around them. Making a big circle around the 2 kids.

"Vinculum!" Minx exclaimed, Chilled looked at her.

"What do you mean? What does Vinculum mean?" Chilled asked.

"It means trap. You should know that." Minx replied. She gripped her blade tighter, ready to attack. "Wait, you traitor! You made a distraction for me, you did that on purpose, did you? You want the money, selfish." Minx's anger got higher.

"No- I was running away from them too-"

"I don't believe it." Minx announced. "Ignis!" Minx casted a spell, Chilled was trying his best to think what ignis means. Fire shot up on Minx's fist. The men around them, took a step back. Ignis means fire. Minx's hazel brown eyes turned into a dark magical purple, meaning she's using magic. "Get away, I'm not afraid to fight." The men got closer. Minx's fire disappeared as Chilled pushed Minx out of the way of a magic spell, a magic orb/light headed toward Chilled.

"Tutamen!" Minx casted a spell, she aimed at Chilled, making Chilled immuned to the spell. Chilled covered his head with his hands, hoping for their death. Chilled lift up his head, in shocked. Another spell heading to Minx, Chilled tackled Minx into a bush.

"You saved my life, I'll save yours." Chilled said to her with a small smile. Minx weakily smiled back at Chilled.

"We need to run." Minx said as her smile faded away quickly.

"Yeah, we should." Chilled agreed. Chilled quickly grabbed Minx's wrist and ran forward which was heading west. Chilled literary dragged Minx with him for the first bit. Until it was Minx dragging him.

They finally took a break at a run-down warehouse. Minx created a fire, Minx is slowly gaining her trust in Chilled.

"You seriously not know anything about the magical words?" Minx asked, breaking the silence. Minx sat infront of the campfire, while Chilled sat on the other side.

"I have never learned any spells. My parents forbid me to use any spells." Chilled sighed.

"They probably think that you are a warrior, funny." Minx replied.

"What do you mean?" Chilled asked. Minx looked at him like he was the new kid not knowing anything.

"You seriously not know anything? I know every magical word at the age 6. You don't know the classes network? There's about 7 classes; Warriors, Fighters, Wizards, Witches, Mages, Hunters and Archers. You seem like a warrior, bigheaded. You are so sure of yourself. But you do have loyalty to me, why?" Minx explained.

"Because- my parents are the eldery- I don't know what that means."

"It means that your parents can see the future." Minx answered for him.

"They told me that- someone- someone special- I'll meet them, when I have a strange feeling." Chilled explained.

"And you felt a strange feeling about me? Usually, people who can see the future, when they mean someone special, they mean a loved-one." Minx stated.

"So... you are my true love?"

"No." Minx answered quickly. "I mean, someone you once loved. It can be friend, bestfriend, family member and it can be a lover too."

"Oh-" Chilled went red of embarassment, Minx giggled for a short while. "Anyways, what do you really want? Like, your dream wish?"

"Family. I want a real family. Home. Somewhere that I can feel homesick for." Minx answered.

"You're not really selfish aren't you?" Chilled asked.

"No. I tend to think people before myself- people likes to take adventage of my selfless-iness." Minx answered. "I meet so many dark-sider kids that'll take my supplies. And they'll stab me in the back."

"I'll help you. I'll promise you a family. Family doesn't mean a mom or dad. It means that we all together, no one will turn their back. No one will be left behind. No one will betray the others." Chilled said, which made Minx smile.