Chapter Five (Finale)

Warning: This chapter is going to contain themes of suicide. Please do not continue if this is a triggering topic for you. The chapter will not go in depth, but please take caution regardless.

Giyuu awoke the next morning to the sunlight peeking through his curtains. He almost smiled when he felt Kyoujurou's arms around him, but fear set in quickly when he realized the sun was already up. Giyuu had to hurry and get dressed if he didn't want Kyoujurou to see anything. He got up as carefully and quickly as he could, pulling his boxers up and looking around for a hoodie. All that was available was Sabito's, but he couldn't wear that... His back was turned to Kyoujurou, so he didn't see him sit up. "Hey Giy..." Giyuu knew what Kyoujurou saw. He saw the scars all over his body. His face heated up and tears filled his face. He turned around, but before he could say anything, Kyoujurou hugged him. At some point Kyoujurou had readjusted his boxers so he wasn't naked. Rengoku ran his hands through Giyuu's hair, his voice soft as he spoke; "I'm so sorry," Giyuu's tears flooded from his eyes as he hugged Kyoujurou tightly. Rengoku gently swayed Giyuu, letting him cry. After arnt longer, Kyoujurou asked. "Did you really want what we did last night..?" his voice was laced with fear. Fear that Giyuu had forced himself to do something that he truly didn't want to do.

"I-I did," Giyuu reassured him. He truly had, and Giyuu didn't even regret it. For the first time, Giyuu felt wanted.

But of course, Kyoujurou could tell there was something Giyuu wasn't telling him. It was up to him to guess what, though. "I feel like you neednto hear this, but.. I want you for who you are," Kyoujurou was struggling to put it into words. "I don't just want your body," he looked Giyuu in the eye as he said this.

"I-it's okay, I promise," Giyuu forced a smile. But Kyoujurou didn't seem fooled by it. "I-I have a busy day today, though.."

"Alright, do you want me to go now?" when Giyuu nodded, Kyoujurou picked up his clothes and got dressed. "Can I kiss you?" Giyuu nodded again, so Kyoujurou gently kissed him. "I'll text you when I get home!" Kyoujurou smiled as he walked out of the apartment.

When Kyoujurou got home, he opened his phone. It had been on silent, as he didn't want to get distracted during the drive. He saw a text from Giyuu that he opened with a smile, bit that very smile quickly faded. "I'm sorry" had been sent four times. "I'm sorry, I can't do it after what you saw, I'm sorry" Kyoujurou's heart started racing. What did that mean? He tried calling Giyuu, but he didn't pick up. His gut screamed that something was wrong. He raced back out to his car, getting in and driving back to Giyuu's.

It was an hour long drive. He prayed to god that he wasn't too late. He raced up the apartment stairs and straight to Giyuu's apartment. He twisted the doorknob, still unlocked. He threw open the door and ran to Giyuu's room. His heart shattered from the sight that greeted him. Kyoujurou called emergency services, panic filling him.

But it was too late. Giyuu had cut too deep and was pronounced dead at the scene.

If you're struggling with similar thoughts, please try to find something to keep going. Anything to keep going. If you think nobody cares, I do. Please contact the National Suicide Hotline if you have too. If this isn't an option for you, my dms are open. I'm not sure if I'll know you messaged me until later, but I hope just being able to vent to somebody will help you reconsider. I will not judge you, berate you, out you, or report you. I care about my readers. You help my dreams of becoming an author someday come true. This is the least I can do to return the favor. I love you all.