Chapter 2: Like me...

Chapter 2:

"Strumming my pain with his fingers

Singing my life with his words

Killing me softly with his song

Telling my whole life with his words

Killing me softly, with his song"

I slightly hum/ sing as I strut across the local park with my white, apple headphones in my ear. As the 'Fugees' song begins to end I pull out my iPod, switch on 'The Symphony Harmonic' album and lay down on my back, setting my backpack beside me and resting on the cool grass as I stare out toward the unusually blue sky.

Sadly, the busy city residents are in too much stress from work and the usual "craziness" of the urban life to stop and realize the beauty of the sky to at least relax for a bit. So busy and hectic that from a constant computer glowing and paperwork that when they stage at a black wall or even close their eyes they see the clutter of letters on their eyelids, seeming to be permanent in their vision. Guess this is the life of a business man/woman?

Which gives me the reassurance of what's come to my planned future, If I keep doing exactly as I am, which is keeping my grade point average to the highest possible for my liking, my plans will roll out perfectly. Becoming an artist for some of the biggest companies in the UK and possibly in America. My luck even in a University has sprung, being involved in several art shows. But I'm not completely satisfied because even with that steady flow of work, I don't have a guaranteed in any I have previously partaken or any other future shows to provide for myself, and to be able to account that as a occupation.

Right now, I just need to relax for a bit. It's only Friday, and we have Monday and Tuesday off from school. Homework? Only to do an original abstract piece, orders from Mrs. Delanty.

I sit up and pull out my sketch pad, also grabbing some of my art pencils and a white eraser. I place my backpack right behind me so I can easily lean back. I adjust myself so I have the right angle of the sunset through the trees and between the tower risen buildings.

With the perfect mixture of the sun's orange and purple/blue with the grey colors from the buildings and a tint of green from the trees it creates a beauty of colors. I sketch it a bit on my pad and pull out my retro Polaroid camera and snap a picture of it. After a bit of daydreaming I check the time to see:

7:23 pm

I pack my things and start on my way toward what I call home. As I'm gazing on the pavement I spot a dim café and decide to stop for a cup of coffee and maybe a snack. An unexpected gush of wind hits me as I make my way across the street which sends goosebumps to slightly stick out of my arms. Curse this cold England weather.

---

"Can I get a small coffee and a blueberry muffin?" I ask the register lady. She nods and types a few on the cash register, "Is that all?" I nod back and she gives me my total. I walk over to a window booth. I stick my headphones in and switch on a song to be met with sky fall by ADELE. I saw the movie, it was intense.

And I have a slight girl crush on ADELE. People think its weird, because to others she's not the most attractive, or has a "sexy" body. But then why is she so good to you? So popular? Because of her voice, her actual music, the actual music in her.

Why do I like her so much then? Because she's the only one like that. She's different to everyone else, like me....

_______________________________

Authors Note:

Sorry for the short update, but I really enjoyed imagining her at the park, I didn't write enough. I know the song of the chapter doesn't really blend with the chapter, but I wanted to show you a bit more of the senses of the Character and what style she is/likes.

Remember! You can REQUEST A SONG OF THE CHAPTER! It kinda helps me a bit to picture the next chapter and I may write faster.

Thanks for reading please share with your friends if you enjoyed it do far, I'll see ya soon!!

Song of the Chapter:

"Skyfall" ~ADELE

Lyrics:

This is the end

Hold your breath and count to ten

Feel the earth move and then

Hear my heart burst again

For this is the end

I've drowned and dreamt this moment

So overdue I owe them

Swept away, I'm stolen

Let the sky fall

When it crumbles

We will stand tall

Face it all together

Let the sky fall

When it crumbles

We will stand tall

Face it all together

At skyfall

At skyfall

Skyfall is where we start

A thousand miles and poles apart

Where worlds collide and days are dark

You may have my number, you can take my name

But you'll never have my heart

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)

When it crumbles (when it crumbles)

We will stand tall (we will stand tall)

Face it all together

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)

When it crumbles (when it crumbles)

We will stand tall (we will stand tall)

Face it all together

At skyfall

[x2:]

(Let the sky fall

When it crumbles

We will stand tall)

Where you go I go

What you see I see

I know I'd never be me

Without the security

Of your loving arms

Keeping me from harm

Put your hand in my hand

And we'll stand

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)

When it crumbles (when it crumbles)

We will stand tall (we will stand tall)

Face it all together

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)

When it crumbles (when it crumbles)

We will stand tall (we will stand tall)

Face it all together

At skyfall

Let the sky fall

We will stand tall

At skyfall

Oh