Chapter 6

/author's note: they're 13 ok just putting it out there/

//2nd author's note: you're not prepared for the amount of cuteness that this chapter holds//

Theodosia was sitting on the couch in the Hamilton's living room, working on a little project.

"What are you working on Theo?" asked Alexander

"Just some simple embroidery. I was looking at some pieces my mom did and got pretty inspired." she replied.

On the other side of the room, Philip was struggling on piano. It was his first time playing on his own for some time, and he was a bit out of the loop. Plus, he was trying to learn a brand new song! So needless to say, it was a little rusty sounding.

"Here we go, alright, AH DANG IT!" he would say, over and over again.

"You alright there Pip?" Theo chuckled

"Hmph. It's this song... I'm really struggling with it."

"Well, I would help you if I could play."

"Well, I guess thanks."

"Well, I guess you're welcome." she said, playfully making fun of him. He snickered and continued to struggle with the song.

After a few more minutes of embroidering and piano-playing, Eliza walked in and sat on the sofa next to Theo, complementing her on her stitching skills.

"Philip, is that a waltz you're trying to play?" she asked

"Umm.... yeah.... I'm quite clearly a bit rough." he responded, blushing a bit

She stood up from the couch and made him stand up from the piano bench.

"Let me play it for you, just so you know what it sounds like."

Eliza proceeded to effortlessly play the tune, her fingers as graceful as the song was. It was a very pretty song.

Theo got lost in the song and got very productive in her embroidery. She was thrown off when she heard a voice saying: "Ma lady?"

She looked up and saw it was Philip with his hand reached out to her. "Uh, um, can we dance?" he said, loosing all of his bravery and instantly becoming awkward when she made eye contact.

"Of course." she replied

'YES!' Philip thought

She took his hand, which was still reached out towards her, and he pulled her off the couch, song still going. He was a bit confused as to where to put his hands, so Theo put his hands in place: one on her waist, other in her hand.

Eliza knew the song was about to end, but when she saw them start to dance, she slyly changed up the tune so she could start the song over.

"Theo, if you step on my toes, I swear."

"I could say the same about you, GoOd siR!"

They both swayed back and forth to the melody, getting closer and more comfortable as they went along. By the time the song was halfway done, Theo practically had her head in the crook of his neck, and Philip was resting his head on her's. They said nothing, there was just silence except for the melody and the occasional humming along. There was silence, but it was a very comfortable silence.

When the song ended, Eliza walked out of the room to leave them alone, and Alex took this as a queue to move his writing to another room as well. Theo and Pip stayed in the same position for a second, until they turned the waltzing position into a big hug. Then they just stayed there for a minute in each other's arms, not saying anything.

"Pip?" she whispered

"Yeah Theo?" he whispered back

"We've been like this for 8 minutes."

"Oh, sorry, is that okay with you?"

"Yeah. I was gonna ask if it's fine with you."

"Yeah."

They stayed there another couple minutes, enjoying the silence. As weird as it was, it was the most comfortable thing either of them had done in months.

That's when Aaron Burr came knocking at the door.

"Oh, that's my dad, I have to go." said Theo, pulling apart from Philip, feeling cold instantly

"Oh... ok." said Philip, now feeling cold and lonely as well

"Um, bye Pip."

"Bye Theo."