DEAR PARIS | 3

That day, my first day in Paris did not end up to be the way I'd perceived it.

My first impression of Laurent as "annoying" quickly changed. Well, he was still annoying but in a good way.

"C'mon!" Laurent shouted from the kitchen, peeking at me.

"Okay fine." I covered my eyes with my hands.

"You sure, you're not cheating."

"I'm not!" I lifted my hands to show my closed eyes.

I could smell the sweet and the vanilla.

I heard him put something on the table. "Happy two year anniversary!!" He chanted cheerfully.

I opened my eyes to the sight of mille-feuilles. Just like the one I was having in the coffee shop when it all happened.

I found my soulmate. The legend had it right.

That day, Laurent listened to me and boosted my mood in such a way that I did not expect. It was like talking to a best friend who would tell you things how it is. He offered to make me visit Paris not to waste this trip. 

A few days later, he admitted that he had blurted out his life to me on the plane in the hope he would never see me again. To which I obviously replied, "that was totally my plan after hearing all of it."

He also admitted that he did find me attractive and the fact that I seemed so uninterested in him made him even more eager to talk more. To try to get something out of me. It was a challenge for him.

Today, two years later, he sometimes wishes I would just shut up. We've been together since then. I moved to France last year after receiving a job offer.

Somehow, our soulmate is just out there somewhere. It does not matter where, maybe the truth is we'll always cross roads at some point.

~~~

A/N: Thank you for reading!!  Means a lot! Don't forget to vote if you liked it and comment what you think. Constructive criticism is welcomed.