Chapter 3: I'm Back

4x04

4x04

KLAUS: Our home. Once the pride of our family, now a flophouse.

ELIJAH: Indeed, the mighty have fallen.

HAYLEY: Where's Vincent?

VINCENT: Right here. Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kids, you got to leave the city.

KLAUS: Well, we're not gonna stay, are we? Your city has lost its charm.

HAYLEY: What he means to say is that we're very grateful, just help them and we'll leave.

ELIJAH: Just give us what we need, and we will do so, happily.

VINCENT: Excuse me.

[Crows are heard squawking overhead.]

VINCENT: Okay. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a.

HOPE: Mom?

VINCENT: Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a.

OPHIRA: Well that was annoying. 

VINCENT: That's it. Your little girls' are purified.

KLAUS: Thank you.

VINCENT: Now look, the only gratitude I need from any of you is seeing you leave the city.

HAYLEY: Go see your daddy.

[A crow squawks nearby while a dead one falls from the sky. They all begin to die around Hope.]

KLAUS: What is this?

VINCENT: I don't know.

HOPE: Mom? Can you hear that? It's whispers. Saying a name. Over and over. "Kre Nah Han, Kre Nah Han".

HAYLEY: Vincent, what what is that?

VINCENT: It's a nearly forgotten dialect. 

OPHIRA: It's Creole. 

VINCENT: Yes it is, it means "the Hollow". The Hollow is coming.

|

KLAUS: How are they?HAYLEY: Fera's fine, Hope's fever's back. But she's not in any pain. She's asking for you.KLAUS: Well, make an excuse. I'd rather my daughter not know I've gone off to murder witches.ELIJAH: We can not be reckless, Niklaus.KLAUS: And how would you have me respond? Should I delegate my children's safety to someone else?ELIJAH: Let me see what I can do.HAYLEY: And I will handle Marcel. Out of the three of us, I win Most Likely Not to Get Killed on Arrival. Whatever we're up against, it's as much his problem as is it ours.KLAUS: Leaving me to do what, exactly?HAYLEY: Stay here and protect our daughters. Do not let anything or anyone near them.ELIJAH: A word of warning. The Marcel that you knew is gone. So, whatever he is now, he's no ally.

|

[Ophira and Hope are on the bed, Hope was laying on Ophira. She was looking through grimoires worried but their to hide that fact from her sister. Klaus comes into the room and looks at Ophira]
KLAUS: Are you ok, little witch?
[Ophira nods and Klaus kneels down next to Hope]
KLAUS: How are you feeling?HOPE: I'm still so cold. Are the birds gone?KLAUS: Yeah, they're gone, sweetheart. And when you're better, which will be soon, you, your sister and I are going to share the biggest plate of beignets you've ever seen. And you can tell me where in this big, wide world you'd like me to take you next.HOPE: Fera said you loved New Orleans most of all.KLAUS: I did, once. But putting your love in a place is a mistake. Being here in our home, seeing these walls, I am reminded that it is people who are best suited to fill our hearts.HOPE: Dad. I don't feel so good.

[Ophira sighs deeply as she pulls Hope closer to her]

HOPE: That man, Vincent Mom said he was a witch. That he came to help me feel better. But I feel worse.KLAUS: I know. I know. But don't worry, because as we speak, your mother and your Uncle Elijah are working with Vincent to fix you up. So you just stay calm and they'll make everything all right.HOPE: Do you know what it is? The Hollow?KLAUS: No, sweetheart I don't.HOPE: It wants those other kids. I can feel them. I think it wants me, too.KLAUS: I am not gonna let anything take you. I promise you that. I'm going to keep you safe. 
OPHIRA: Always and forever.

|

KLAUS: I know you can hear me. I want you to listen. The heart which beats in your chest is a warrior's heart. The heart of a Mikaelson. Whatever hold this power has over you, it is nothing compared to your strength. Yours is a power greater than you know. Come on. Hope.HOPE: Dad? I saw them. The other kids. They're so scared. Promise me if you ever see the blue lights, don't look at them.
|

[Ophira is mixing medical herbs for Hope]

OPHIRA: Hope.HOPE: We're not cold anymore.
|

[Ophira is dreaming, she finds Klaus. As he turns, his eyes glow bright blue, the color of the Hollow's spirit. Ophira Screams and wakes from her dream.]

OPHIRA: No, no, no. It's here. The Hollow, it's here.