All is good

In no time, the trio made it to Kensington Castle.

"Oh, hi, folks," Adara waved. "What's going on?"

"I lost Sofia's amulet somewhere in the castle, Adara," Amber said. "Have you seen it?"

"Not since last night," Adara shrugged. "Come to think of it, we've been in a few different rooms during the sleepover last night."

"You mean we'll have to search the whole castle until we find it?" Hugo gulped.

"Relax, Hugo," Amber shrugged. "It can't be hard to find that jewel."

"Do you remember at least some of the rooms you were in last night, Adara?" Sofia asked.

"We were in the observatory when we had our fashion show," Adara recalled.

"Let's go," Hugo said.

Hugo and the girls went up to the observatory, where the beds had stayed.

"We have to search the entire observatory?" Amber gulped.

"I wouldn't complain if I were you, Amber," Hugo frowned.

"Neither would I," Sofia glared. "You know, the only reason I let you borrow my amulet in the first place was so you wouldn't even think about stealing it from me—and it would've put a curse on you for that. You should've just accepted the reason why Princess Elena never picked you to wear it."

"Okay, let's get searching," Adara said awkwardly.

Everyone got searching, but Amber felt terrible for guilt-tripping Sofia into letting her wear the Amulet in the first place. Hugo saw that Amber was a little sad.

"What's wrong, Amber?" Hugo asked.

"I've been a horrible sister," Amber sighed. "I was jealous at Elena for not letting me wear the Amulet, and I guilt-tripped Sofia into letting me wear it only to lose it, so I could participate in a fashion show. I can never be a good sister."

"Amber, that's not true," Hugo said. "I've seen you care for Sofia before."

"You have?" Amber asked.

"Yes, you didn't like when I made her fall off Minimus during her first flying derby tryout race," Hugo recalled. "You called Hildegard out for telling her that King Roland isn't her real father. You even encouraged her to pair up with me when I first tried Enchanted Ice-Dancing."

"Well, she's the reason I've changed so much," Amber said. Then she turned and saw Sofia by her side. "Oh, Sofia, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Amber," Sofia said.

"Well, I'm gonna fix it," Amber said. "Adara, the jewelry in the jewel room is color-coded, right?"

"Light to dark, dull to bright," Adara smiled. "Why do you ask?"

"I have an idea," Amber said. "You and Hugo should go and find the Amulet in the jewel room—specifically in the red and pink jewels. If the Amulet glows, it should be easier to find. Sofia and I will stay up here and keep looking. If it's not in any of those rooms, we'll all look in Adara's bedroom."

"Great idea, Amber," Hugo smiled.

"Let's go," Adara instructed. She and Hugo went off to the jewel room.

In the jewel room, Adara and Hugo saw how many jewels there were, and they were all organized by color.

"Luckily, the red and pink jewels are the first by the door," Adara said. She and Hugo looked in the pink and red jewels when a glowing pink jewel caught their eyes.

"That must be the Amulet," Hugo surmised. When the jewel stopped glowing, he said, "It is the Amulet." He picked up the jewel and spoke into his Enchantlet, "Sofia, we found the Amulet. We'll meet you in the observatory."

"Okay, now that we've got the Amulet, let's go," Adara said. She and Hugo left the jewel room and locked it up.

When Adara and Hugo met up with the sisters, Hugo handed Amber the Amulet, and she put it back on her sister.

"I'm sorry I lost it in the first place, Sofia," Amber sighed. "I should've taken better care of it."

"It's okay, Amber," Sofia said. "I'm just glad we found it, especially before an evil wizard got their hands on it, so they could take over a kingdom."

"That would've been awful," Hugo said.

"Not that I'll ever want to wear your amulet again, but next time, I'm going to be more careful when I borrow someone's stuff," Amber promised. "Plus, there are reasons we have to accept."

"That's the spirit, Amber," Hugo smiled. "Well, we should get a move on. I told my parents I'd be home after the sleepover, and they're probably wondering where I am."

"Thanks for helping, Adara," Amber waved.

Hugo, Sofia, and Amber got into the flying coach and flew to Enchancia. Hugo left his suitcase there, so he needed to pick it up before flying to his palace.

"Maybe one day, you'll show Elena your Character Development," Sofia told her sister. "Come to think of it, she said something about a big test she has to pass to become queen of Avalor."

"Do you think she'll need help with that?" Hugo asked.

"I don't know," Sofia said. "She thought her big test was defeating Shuriki permanently, but it wasn't, and that's not because you killed her off."

"Well, whatever this test is, we should all be ready when Elena needs us," Amber said.

"Right," Hugo agreed.

Amber learned a big lesson here—actually two lessons. First of all, she learned not to waste her time fretting over something that never happened, especially if there was reason for it. Second, she learned to be more careful when borrowing someone's stuff—there was no way she was going to borrow Sofia's amulet again, but she would remember this.