Part 6

Part 6

"Hey kiddo." Alex heard as soon as he entered his home. He notices the alcohol and glass of wine on their table. Paul lights a cigarette and approaches the window. "Where's mom?" Alex asked. "She'll just be a little late. She said she needs to check on her friend." Alex heard his response as he walks through the kitchen. He realize he hasn't eaten anything today. He drinks a huge amount of water to feed his hunger. "You wanna join us?" Paul invites him. Alex notice that he meant drinking. "No I'm okay." "You don't drink?" "I don't drink." "Have you at least tried one?" Alex was too exhausted and hungry to entertain all of Paul's questions. He wishes his mom was here so he could easily walk out of this. "No I haven't tried one." "You're 16 right? You should do plenty of drinking by now." Paul then starts to pour the glass with wine. "No, I'm not really into drink-" "Here's yours." He slide the wine glass closer to Alex ignoring what Alex was saying. Alex stayed silent while Paul pours another one for himself.

Alex feels so uncomfortable right now. He never let himself be alone with Paul without his mom. He thinks of all the thoughts why he dislike this guy. I need to get out of this. He thought. Alex stands up and grab his bag. "I need to do something in my room real quick." he was about to leave when Paul yelled at him deeply scaring the fuck out of Alex to sit back down. He had never heard this man yelled or talk like this before. He sit backs quickly looking down avoiding Paul's eyes. From Paul's screams, he could still sense how hard his heart was pounding. "What were you about to do in your room?" Alex couldn't say his response. He felt as if he had something heavy on his chest at the moment. Blocking him from speaking and forcing him to breathe only small amount of air. "School works?" Paul answer for him. He nodded still avoiding eye contact. "Do you have a boyfriend, Alex?" he was surprised by the question. He turned to face Paul, who was smirking and glaring at him, intimidating him. "Oh! I meant girlfriend, sorry." "No I don't." he then was relieve to hear his mom's voice outside. He ran upstairs, Paul didn't stop him this time. He locked himself in his bedroom. He's shaking from fear and his mind wouldn't stop overthinking. It kept bugging him from today's event. Don't overthink. Don't think about it. He whisper words that comforts him. He remembers Matt. He remembers that he once made him feel comfortable. He removes the curtain that's covering the mirror. Alex's sees Matt's surprised and shocked expression. Alex's tears streamed down his face. Seeing Matt right there waiting for him. He kneels down still crying. Matt knocks on the mirror calling Alex's attention. He mouthed words that Alex couldn't hear. Matt forgets that they can't talk to each, that they're not together. Matt quickly writes something. It made Alex happy from the thought that Matt's concerned about him. That he's comfortable and feels safe around Matt. Alex doesn't feel embarrassed crying right in front of Matt. He feels that he would never judge him. He notice how he's only thinking about how Matt made him feel this way. Feeling secured and calm. He now know Matt's power around him.

Don't cry alright. Tell me everything Alex. Please I'll listen to you.

I'm okay Matt. Thank you for your concern.

He smiled and stops his tears from falling. He wanted to show Matt that he's okay now.

No Alex. Please talk to me. This is the second time I saw you crying like this.

I'm really worried.

You saw me like this before?

Alex asks.

I saw you crying like this yesterday too. I want to ask you all about it, but I didn't get the chance.