[Old] The Second Stunt

"Oh shoot, we're gonna be late! Come on Vaggie we have to hurry!" Said Charlie who was running around the room.

I tried to let her sleep as long as possible since we came back with her still unconscious yesterday. Apparently, waking her up two hours before the interview was not enough time for her, but then again it's most likely her stress acting up.

"Would you slow down a bit? I know that y/n's healing magic is good but I don't think you should move around so much." I tried to convince her with no success.

"It won't hurt to have spare time once there!" She countered. "Speaking of y/n where is he? I haven't seen him since I woke up."

"He's probably preparing for his interview." I told her dismissively.

"What? I didn't know he was going to get interviewed. Is it at the same news station as us?" She asked while buttoning up her shirt.

"He said that it will be right before us at the same place, yes." I told her looking at my phone.

"What will he be interviewed for anyway?" She asked again, adjusting her bowtie.

I didn't answer as I was staring into nothing while remembering the events of yesterday.

After Charlie fell unconscious once more, I made sure that her head was laid down properly on her backpack that I used as a pillow before standing up and heading towards y/n. He was just standing in front of the weird portal as if he could see through it. I couldn't which was strange in itself. Usually anyone can see through a portal. I tried to get closer and place a hand on his arm when he raised his wings to shield me from a lightning strike that was heading straight for my face.

"Careful, it can see its surroundings." He said looking at me from over his shoulder.

I approached him from behind his wing and placed a hand on his back. His exoskeleton felt quite hard to the touch but still had warmth coming from it.

"Are you ok?" I softly asked him.

"Yeah... let me take care of this real quick." He told me before raising a hand that he overcharged with magic before thrusting it through the strange portal.

The muffled sound of an explosion could be heard as it started to act even more sporadic, spewing out more lightning strikes than before. Finally, it retracted onto itself as y/n removed his arm from it before exploding into white powder that made the ground spurt with new grass and different flora as it touched the ground.

"What was that anyway?" I asked him confused at all of the previous events that happened.

"A rift. It's what happens when one forces a way through dimensions. The lightning that came from it was so overcharged with magic power that it managed to inhabit the trees that it hit, transforming them into the monsters we fought." He told me looking in the direction where the rift used to be.

"Couldn't they have just used a portal? Wait dimensions?! Someone from another dimension tried to invade ours?" I asked once his words finally settled in my head.

"This is something that most people don't know simply because there's no reason to teach it, but heaven, the nine circles, earth, they all reside in their own dimension. Each circle being a separate one." He revealed to me blowing my mind.

"So there is nine circles! Why do people only talk about seven of them yet references nine of them?"

"The last two were lost. Overrun by... a great catastrophe." He said shifting his sight towards the ground in sadness.