Change

"Stop, we can't do this to her!" I heard my mother scream as I regained consciousness. I drowsily sat up and put my clammy hand onto my throbbing head. I shakily stood on my two imperfect legs and looked at myself in the crooked mirror. The evil markings no longer took my face over but as I rolled my sleeves up I noticed they still owned my skin. I heard something fall into a basket outside, in my room.
"What are you doing?" I shouted at my stepfather as he threw all my clothes away.
"I am going to change you, I will make you a presentable citizen." He snarled without stopping or looking up. My mother left as a sign she had no control.
"What is wrong with you!" I shouted as I dumped the basket out, sprawling my black clothes onto the ground. Now my stepfather did look up, and he saw the markings.
"You have serious problems." He said as he left, then I heard the door slam as he went outside. I grabbed my wallet and also left, past my mother who was about to speak. If that fowl man wanted me to change clothes I would buy them.
I walked in the double doors at the clothing place that as far as I knew had no name. I walked farther until I saw some nice good girl clothes. I picked all of them up, including some yarn arm glove things for the short sleeved shirts.
When I got back home my stepfather had finished blowing off his steam and he looked at the new clothes I wore.
"Now we just need the move." He said quietly as I stood feeling like I had been cheated.