Meeting Him

Well, here I am, Firehouse 51. I stood at the end of the drive way, nervous. I have no idea how Chicago firefighters are. Are they as welcoming as they are in Phoenix? I took a deep breath and walked up the driveway to the door.

I opened the door and no one was in the garage. I just stood there, looking around. I caught a glimpse of a man coming out of the main house.

"Uh hi, can I help you?" he said.

"Um, yeah! I'm Alexandria," I said smiling nervously, "You can call me Alex."

"Kelly Severide" he smiled, "You can call me Severide."

"Um, so yeah. I'm Miss Arizona United States and I'm going around local firehouses here in an attempt to...um.." I stuttered, "It's a little hard to explain."

"That's fine," he said, "Want to come inside?"

"That'd be great!" I smiled.

When I walked in there was an aroma of delicious food looming. Everyone was just sitting around hanging out. Is this really what they do all day? Some noticed me, some didn't

"Hey guys, this is Alexandria," Kelly announced.

"Hi, you can call me Alex," I smiled, trying to not show how nervous I was. 

"Welcome to 51, I'm Matt Casey," Casey smiled.

Everyone eventually came up and introduced themselves to me. Severide never really left my side and some of the guys seemed to notice but I didn't think anything of it. After introductions, Severide gave me a tour of the firehouse. I thought it wasso fascinating. The last placed he showed me was his officer's quarters. It was a little room that was just for him, since he was a lieutenant. 

I sat on the bed and he sat in the chair at his desk. He just stared at me, like he was analyzing me. Did he think I was just a bimbo? What did he think of me?

"So why are you here in Chicago if you're an Arizona beauty queen?" he asked with a smirk.

"It's an exchange thing with my major," I said, "it's only for the semester."

"Bummer," he smirked again.

"Is there something you need to ask me Kel...Severide?" I asked smirking back.

"Will you say my name again?" 

"Severide," I grinned.

"I like the way you say my name," he said getting in my face.

"Good, Kelly," I couldn't help it, I leaned back laughing.