Unpredictable

You woke up in a strange room. The lights were dimmed. It took a couple seconds for your vision to change. You couldn't remember anything. A train. Jumping.. That's all you could remember. And, snow.

'Hello, Y/n.' A man said. 'Don't freak out. I know this is new for you. You're our first experiment, after all. We're trying to see what all you can do.'

You glared at him. 'Where am I?' You asked.

The man frowned. 'It seems that you're different than the other one. Oh well.' He sighed. 'I'm Doctor Lucious, I'll be recording everything you do and say.'

'You still didn't answer my question.' You said.

He looked down. 'You're in a HYDRA base. But, soon, you will be put to work. Now, tell me, does anything hurt?'

You moved your wrists and hands. You tried to move your ankle, but pain shot up into your torso. You gasped out in pain.

'Ah, yes.' The man said. 'I forgot to tell you. We have created a replacement leg made fully of vibranium. Luckily, your reproductive system wasn't harmed. But, your leg will be stiff until you have gotten used to it.'

'What happened?' You asked, staring at your new metal leg.

'You fell out of a train, along with someone else.' He paused. 'I was honestly surprised when the other one woke up before you. He's already done all the heavy lifting, too. We just need you to finish what the other one has started.'

You frowned. 'Who was with me?'

The man slightly smiled, like you had made a joke. 'That's not information that's necessary at the moment. Now, since you're more aware of things, I doubt what I'm going to say will affect you much, but it's worth the try.' He walked to a table further away from you, like he's trying to keep his distance in case something happened. 'Are you ready, Y/n?'

'I guess?'

He hesitated. 'Longing. Rusted. Seventeen-'

Once he said seventeen, something inside you started to burn. You tried to pull your fists up, but the restraints kept you from moving them.

'Daybreak. Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight Car.'

The burning inside you started to grow and get stronger. You were still aware of your surroundings, but you wanted to kill something, or someone.

The man approached you, then held a picture of someone in front of you. 'Captain America, Steve Rogers. Mission: Kill anyone who tries to get in your way of killing him.'

Your brain was telling you to break the restraints and kill him, but your heart was telling you to stop, and that he's your friend.

'Do not kill James Barnes. He will be helping you.' The man held up a . 'Now, put this on.'

About 20 minutes later, you were running on top of buildings with the man named James. He tried to kill you at first, but then, the people told him that you were on his side. So, now that burning in your chest was going to be taken out on Captain America.

James looked like he was in pain. His eyes said it all. And, he wouldn't talk. Whenever you got a little farther ahead of him than what you needed to be, he didn't tell you to slow down. It's like everything was taken away from him. Emotions, speech, etc.

Once you got to where you needed to be, your brain clouded over, and the next thing you knew you were on an airplane of some sort, fighting Captain America, with James.

'You two know me!' Captain America yelled.

You landed a punch to his face. 'No I don't! My mission is to kill you or anyone who gets in my way of killing you!'

James tackled him, and you kicked Captain America's face.

'Bucky!' Captain America yelled.

'WHO THE HELL IS BUCKY?' James finally yelled.

You froze. No, like you literally froze. You remembered everything.

Captain America was your friend. James was also your friend, too. The three of you were in the military together. One mission, you fell off a train, James tried to save you, but he fell too. Steve tried to save the both of you.

'James stop!' You yelled.

He looked at you, but didn't stop beating Steve.

'James!' You yelled as you pulled him off of Steve. 'You remember me?' You asked. 'I'm your friend!'

He shook his head. 'My mission is to kill Captain America and anyone who gets in my way.' Then, he tried to punch you in the head, but you caught his metal arm. Then, you swung your metal leg toward his temple to knock him out. It worked.

Steve got up. 'You remember?'

You nodded your head. 'Kinda. My brain is still fuzzy. But, at least I no longer want to kill you.'

He nodded. 'Great. Let's get out of here.'

You froze in place. 'Where?'

'To Natasha, obviously.' He said.

'Who's that?'

'A friend.'

You shook your head. 'Hail HYDRA.'

Steve's face went pale.