Prologue

Ant awoke to the smell of tea and a song being played on a flute. He sat up, putting his trainer clothes on, and walked out to see Flash in her clothes playing the flute. 

Ant smiled. "I'm awake." He said. Flash stopped playing the song. "You're late." She spoke. "Have I need a reason to be early, such as you?" Ant asked. 

Flash smiled. "Sit, and eat." She said to him. Ant nodded, sat down, and began eating and drinking the tea. 

The two weren't related, but they treated each other like family after Flash performed her ancient ritual. 

She kept her blindfold over her eyes, as to not reveal what was behind them.

Her eyes had seen so much, even the murder of her family right before her eyes. But, she ended the life of her family's murderer by using her eyes to kill him with fire. 

She became the last living member of her family, and ever since her family's death, she became an introverted woman, keeping herself anonymous and never speaking. 

Of course, that was before Ant came along. Ant followed Flash after he saw her, curious about her, and they eventually met face to face. 

Flash allowed Ant to travel with her, and the two have become close ever since they first met.

Ant finished up his food and tea, grabbed his bag, and was ready to head out. "Well, I'm ready when you are." Ant told Flash. 

"Of course. You're always ready." Flash said, putting her flute away. "But, are you not?" Ant countered. 

He was getting better with his comebacks, but as Flash always told him, he needed more work on countering someone. 

However, it wasn't Ant's fault he didn't know how to make a proper comeback, and needed some help on the subject from Flash.

Before Ant lived in the Kalos region, he lived in the Johto region. When he turned 10, he set out on his quest to become a pokémon master. 

His parents didn't wish him luck, as they were out at work during the time he got Froakie, his starter pokémon. 

When he moved to the Kalos region, he lived in Vaniville Town, where it was always quiet and serene. 

There wasn't a lot to happen in a small town like Vaniville Town, as news didn't get around quickly. 

But, when a few women first saw him, they fell head over heels for his looks. He's only been in love with Dan, his childhood best friend. 

But knowing Dan was so far away, they knew it wouldn't work for them both.

Once Flash got prepared, she and Ant left where they were staying to continue their journey together.