Two

Closing time was just around the corner, but it felt like the shop has already closed since there wasn't anyone around. It made sense since a coffee shop was usually supposed to wake people up during the morning and a place to go to for lunch breaks. 

"Alright. Since it's practically dead here, let's stack the chair and wipe the table and floor." Aru yawns tiredly, stretching his arms above his head. You agreed and went around the counter while he went to fetch the cleaning supplies. 

Afterwards, you were the first to leave the shop, entrusting the key to Aru while you head home. But not even halfway the walk home, you felt a buzz from your pant's pockets-- a text message. Since you only had four people in your contacts- Aru, your boss, Haru, and your dad- you figured out who it was before even opening it. 

Looking at the message, you stopped in your tracks and instead of going home, you turned to the direction of the nearest grocery store to pick up a few items. It wasn't that long of a list that he has given you so you came out quickly, carrying a bag of plastic bag.

It was getting quite late, you noted, looking at the sky. You should hurry home and make dinner as soon as possible so your dad could take his medicine.

Taking out your phone, you checked your map to see if there was a quicker path home. Luckily, there was so you took it.

You had your eyes glued on your phone on the way there, checking at tomorrow's schedule. You will have an early lecture tomorrow while your co-worker would be left with the task of opening the shop and working with someone else. Quarter to afternoon, you will have an hour break for lunch until going back to the lecture hall.

There were more to the packed schedule but there were just classes and chores. After confirming about tomorrow, you lifted your eyes away from the screen and focus on what was ahead.

A couple of turns, and you would be home. But as you turn the street, you collided with a person who seriously felt hard as a wall. With having both of you not aware and one who was walking in a brisk pace, the collision was enough to make you stumble and fall.

You let out a grunt. The person who you bumped into was fine, still standing on both of their feet. In this case, it would be normal to assume that they would at least help. But when you looked up to see the man who wore a suit with sunglasses- even though the sun had longed set- you could tell he wasn't going to help.

And so, you stood up without saying a word and dust your pants. "Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going," you started, seeing that he doesn't look like the type to apologize first.

There was silence on the receiving end which made you feel a tad bit awkward. I mean, what were you supposed to do? Should you just leave? After another 5 seconds of awkwardness, you thought that it was best to just leave, even if it was rude.

"Um, I'm really sorry for not being aware of my surroundings.. I'll be going first," you said and walk past him.

Right after excusing yourself, your phone rang and vibrate in your hand. You momentarily paused in your step and look at the caller; it was Haru so you wasted no time to answer it.

"Haru-San, what's up?" you asked and started walking home. Unbeknownst to you, hearing that name caught the attention of the weird man you had bumped into. "HEUSC."

-

Who knew that picking up that phone call would lead to a chaos you never anticipated?

~♡~