Important Information

Since certain aspects in this story will be confusing for most, I've elected to place all important information regarding vocabulary and certain layouts I have, here! They are bound to change and as I publish more and the story progresses, I will update this page so be sure to refer back here!

VOCABULARY

Effeant = Someone who is cast out to the other land for people not conforming to The System's standards

The System = The governmental and digital system keeping track of all members, profiles of each person is stored including their age, name, occupation, relationship status, gender, behaviour marks and orientation. The System also dictates and documents rules for System members to follow. Most of those rules apply for island members also, but more strict. The System documents ever event and word said on the main land and Effeant Island. Privacy is non-existent.

Hutless = A hutless is a refugee who was not automatically placed in housing when brought to the island. Due to either lack of availability or what they did as a main-lander.

Behaviour marks = Any mistake, rule broken or rule followed gets placed in the according person's file, for everyone to see.

BASIC INFORMATION

At the beginning of each chapter I will have a copy of what the character's file, in the format it would be in The System. When someone is closeted, the system will have their "known" identity in a symbol like this:

/=-sexuality-=/

Their true identity will be encoded, next to their "known" identity. Same goes for any other information The System isn't sure on.

Each chapter the pov will change between characters, whoever I decide is best, so looking at the charts is key. They are bound to change.