Chapter 4

I slowly wake up. The light hurt my eyes so I quickly shut them then reopen them after a while. Groaning, I sit up and look around. I'm in a lab. I notice that my leg is bandaged up. I must have got hit by the rubble after all. I get off the bed and slowly pad to the living room where I slip on a chair in the corner of the room. No one notices me.

"Jeez this girl is a handful and we only just met her" Stark mumbles.

"Tell me about it," Clint sighs.

"If you have a problem with me, tell me, not everyone else"  

"Shit where you come from" Tony yells.

"The lab dipshit" I sneer slightly pissed off by them talking about me behind my back.

I cross my arms, my jaw clenched. My icy blue eyes stare into Starks brown ones.

"Not going to lie you're intimidating for your age" he mused, breaking eye contact.

"Right this was… 'fun' but I got to go" I announce, standing up.

"Where are you going, you can't live on your own" Tony asks, worry plastered on his face.

"Despite what you think, I am completely capable of taking care of myself" I respond.

"Stay here, we can look after you," Stark announces.

I stand there shocked, my eyes wide. I try to form words but nothing comes out.

"Please say something," Stark murmurs.

"You probably can't handle me even if I came with instructions" I smirk.

Abruptly an angry-looking man with an eye patch comes storming in.

"Wow someone needs a happy meal" I whisper.

"Hey Fury," Steve says.

Black Widow who stood beside me snorts. Eye patch stares at me then back at Stark. He raises his eyebrow in confusion. The sponge bob theme song fills my head. I stifle a laugh. 

"What is she doing here? She's a level ten threat" he growls.

"Wow, level ten didn't know I was that deadly" I grin.

Fury scowls at me. 

"Please can someone get him a happy meal" I joke

Or a roll in SpongeBob if they did a live-action one, is that what it's called? I don't know. I shake my head getting rid of my thoughts.

"She's staying with us," Steve says.

"Hey I didn't fully agree with that," I say.

"Shut up the adults are talking" Tony replies.

"I will not be silenced" I yell.

Tony starts talking but I cut him off. 

"Don't interrupt me," he says.

"I'm sorry. Did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?"

"Ok you can have her," Fury says before turning around and leaving.

"Bye bye eye patch" I yell after him.

"Nat can you please take her to the spare room," Tony asks the redhead.

She nods and I follow her down the hall.

"Umm sorry for like knocking you out last year," I laugh nervously.

"It's alright you're good no one can knock me out let alone a child" she laughs.

"Yeah well, what can I say I'm a badass" I chuckle.

We come to a white door. I open it and it opens up into a bedroom. The walls are painted a nice shade of grey and there is a huge double bed placed in the middle. I walk in taking in the moment. I smile widely. 

"Thank you" I smile.

She smiles back.

"Now let's go on a shopping spree with Wanda so we can get you some clothes and stuff" she grins.

"You don't need to do that for me" I quickly say.

"Don't be daft come on"

Sighing, I follow her out of the room and back into the living room. Natasha goes and talks to Stark and Wanda. I see Luke behind them poking a silly face. Lukes my best friend. No one can see him but me. I pull the finger at him giggling a bit. He then vanishes.

"Right let's go tiny" Natasha grins.

"I am not tiny" I scoff.