Little Red Riding Hood {part one}

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young man. His hair was dark brown, short, and curly. Just imagine Wilbur Soot, but 13 or 14. He was off to deliver medicine and muffins to his grandmother who decided to live in a dumb cottage in the middle of the woods instead of the city with him and his mother. 

"Here is your basket! And your hood." His pretty mother yelled, handing him his things. It was very light brown with a little bit of fabric in the bottom to hold the muffins comfortably.  "Thanks momma." He said, taking the basket. And lets give this boy a name, how about Rowan. "And remember-" His mother, Julia started, but Rowan interrupted. "Don't talk to strangers. I know, I know. You tell me every time." He was slightly annoyed. "Now you best get going!" Julia opened the door for him and he set out on his journey.

Rowan opened up the map. "Okay, so we head out here to get to the forest. Seems simple enough." He said, tracing his finger along the path he needs to take. Rowan started along the path into a park, not a playground park, like a grassy one. The young boy opened up a tall black gate on the left of him and stepped into the forest. 

It wasn't very dark, as you would normally assume like from Snow White. No, it was very sunny with flowers everywhere. "Gee, why don't I come here more often?" Rowan asked himself, staring at a little blue flower. "I don't know. Why don't you?" A voice asked. They sounded like another young boy, but he didn't want to assume their gender. "Who's there? What do you want?!" Rowan yelled at no one in particular. He had no idea where they were, that is until he took a step and bumped into them.

"Agh!" He exclaimed,  jumping back. The other boy laughed. "I am a smart little boy, just like you. But I am also hungry and smelled muffins." The tricky boy explained. "I will give you two, if you tell me your name." Rowan decided that he wasn't too bad of a person.

Hope you enjoyed this first part and sorry for the cliff hanger, it was getting a bit too long haha.