~Chapter 2~

I feel like the new girl at school, but, in a good way: I'm making friends! "Y/n, do you drink?" Natasha asks, pouring alcohol into a glass cup.

"Yeah!" I respond, attempting to cover up the fact that I haven't in almost fifty years..

She pours me a drink and after I take a small sip I fight the urge to squint my eyes. To my surprise, it isn't that bad.

After a few hours, many drinks and stories, it's safe to say that I'm drunk. "Y/n we should go to bed." Bucky insists, taking my glass away from me.

"Or we could stay here and have fun!" I retaliate, trying to take it back yet failing miserably.

"Come on Y/n." He mumbles sternly.

"Fine.." I answer annoyedly. We walk up to his room and I stumble onto his bed, "I'm sorry.." I mumble with my head in his quilt.

"For what?" He wonders.

"For drinking.. it's only my first day here." I tell him sadly.

"No need to be sorry, doll. You were having fun." He assures me kind,y.

"I don't deserve you.." I complain as Bucky gets me comfortable.

"Go to sleep!" He chuckles, turning the lights off and getting into bed next to me.

I feel him go to stroke my hair then stop, "What's the matter?" I ask, half asleep.

"I don't want to hurt you with my arm.." He replies quietly.

"You could never hurt me." I speak comfortingly.

He hesitantly lays his metal arm by my side and brushes his fingers through my hair. "Am I hurting you?" He asks hastily. "If I am I'll stop!"

"Bucky." I say seriously. "You're incapable of harming me, ever!"

He nods and I lay back down. Eventually, I fall asleep due to him humming peacefully. It's a relaxing sound, really. I remember when he used to do the same thing at the HYDRA base, from my cell I could hear him humming a song each night; I always looked forward to it during the day.

"Y/n.. time to get up! Bucky wakes me up calmly.

I open my eyes and I'm immediately blinded by the sunlight. Hastily, my head begins to ache and I hold it quickly. "Migraine?" Bucky teases me. "Nat and Wanda dropped off some clothes for you."

Bucky lifts up some really short shorts and smirks. "You should wear these." He suggests. I snatch them from his hands and laugh, "Come on, they're nice!"

"Yes but that white dress is a lot nicer!" I respond, gazing at a gorgeous light dress, matched with a belt and a pair of flats.

From behind, he puts his head on my shoulder and arms around my waist, "You look good in anything, doll." He explains sweetly.

"Wouldn't wearing that be classed as being overdressed for whatever you have planned?" I wonder cautiously.

He shakes his head no and I go into the other room to change, looking in the mirror I feel relaxed, I feel like myself and hey, I look good too!

I walk back into the room and Bucky stares in my direction. "What?" I ask confusedly as I thought I looked decent. "Is there something on the dress?"

"No.." He begins to explain, "You look beautiful.. now, close your eyes until we get downstairs, okay?"

"Okay.." I agree confusedly while shutting my eyes.

He holds my hand and takes me into the hallway, when we reach the stairs, he lifts me up and walks down, making me giggle. He sets me down and allows me to open my eyes. As I open them, I see a small table set for two and many candles. My fave immediately lights up at the sight of all this.

"Bucky.." I say thankfully.

"Don't you like it? I knew I should've gone with a real restaurant.." He asks sadly.

He rambles on but I don't hear him, I turn around, run into his arms and kiss him. Nobody has ever done anything like this for me before. "It's prefect." I inform him gratefully.

He smiles and pulls the chair out for me. "What can I get you today?" Nat chuckles on a waitress outfit, followed by Wanda handing me a menu, matching with Natasha.

I take the menu and look through it. After we're done telling them what we'd like to eat they walk away, "I love you Bucky.." I speak, setting my hand out on the table.

"I love you more." He responds, putting his hand over mine.

"Would either of you like a drink?" Tony inquires with a cart that has various drinks on it, I can tell he wants to be here but is secretly covering it up.

I take a look at the drinks and point to red wine, "That, please!" I exclaim kindly.

He pours it into a glass and walks away -forgetting his cart yet coming back for it almost immediately- "This is amazing Bucky, I love it!" I inform him happily.

"I'm glad." He replies lovingly.