Chapter 1

??? POV
-------

The wind was cold against my ears as I ran through the dark woods. I jumped quickly over a fallen tree branch, ran a bit more and then I jumped again, but this time I winced because of a sudden branch scraping me right in the face. 

"Hey! Wai- wait uppp!" my best friend, who was running a bit behind me breathes out. I slow down into a jog-like pace and turn around while still half-running. 

"Well, not my fault you're just slow." I say jokingly, though it didn't sound like it.

My friend rolls his eyes. I turn around again to be halted to a stop. Below me was the edge of a mountain, and under it I could see a beautiful lake. The water was so clear you could see the fish swimming in it from all the way up here. My friend stopped next to me. I could hear him gasp, which made me smile. Trees surrounded the lake, flowers were blooming, stray animals were feasting on the lush herbs-

It was perfect. 

-------
Timeskip to the lake
-------

We walked around the side of the mountain, well- by walk I mean that I walked, while my friend decided to roll down the side of the mountain instead. I wasn't surprised, since he was childish and innocent on the outside. Sometimes he scares me a bit though..

-------
THIRD PERSON
-------

The two friends got to the bottom of the mountain and started running up to the lake. 

"Aye!! Tommy, look!" the shorter one shouted, obviously excited as he pointed to a bee who was minding his own business on a cornflower. Though, Tommy didn't hear him, as he was to busy looking at the fluffy clouds. He frowned, and decided to shout again.

"Tommy!"

"....."

"Tommy? You good, big man?"

Tommy looked at his friend, "OH! Yeah, um sorry. I got distracted for a second. Uh, so what did you want me to see again?"

The shorter boy smiled again, turned, then pointed to the bee, who was now on a different flower; a dandelion. Tommy rolled his eyes, and smiled. This wasn't surprising behavior for his friend.

"Ordinary Tubbo" he laughed, "at least one thing is still normal." 

-------

They were sitting on a log near the water. The sun was starting to set and you could hear the crickets rising. The brown haired boy turned to look at his friend. He opened his mouth as if to say something but nothing came out. Though, Tommy noticed the action and looked at Tubbo. He raised an eyebrow, which indicated to Tubbo that he was curious about what he was going to say. The shorter boys eyes started watering, and thats when Tommy became shocked. It wasn't usually like Tubbo to cry, especially in front of people. 

"It's okay big man, what's wrong?" Tommy asked, clearly concerned for his friend. Tubbo looked up, 

"What if.." He looked away instead, "-what if we don't make it, Tommy. We could die at any second now, and- and I don't want to die just yet." Tubbo sniffed. Tommy put a hand on his friends shoulder, 

"Hey, heyy.. at least they won't find us! Right? We're safe now, it's gonna be okay," Tommy said, "I promise.."

-------
544 words.
-------