The last time

Will pulled his sword out of the body, while breathing heavy from the fight. Green eyes scanned the field. "Taws we did it! We did i.." His excitement vanished. "Taws?" He scanned the field again, his eyes found her. She was laying on the ground, back towards him. "Taws...come on,Taws, you scared me" Will walked towards her, an uneasy feeling  growing in him as he got closer to her. "Will? I'm hur.." She didn't even finish her sentence before Will was at her side. Then he saw it. She'd been stabbed in the guts. The dagger was still in her stomach. "Taws, no!" He said frantically, lifting her torso into his lap. He hesitated but took a hold of the dagger and dragged it out as quickly he could. Her painful scream rang in his ears afterwards. Shuffling in his lap, she closed her eyes, as if concentrating on something. She let out a deep breath, while slowly opened her electric-blue eyes.
The eyes he had grown to know and love so very much. Her inky hair now unbound, was flowing down to the muddy ground. "Thanks " Taws said with a painful yet grateful look on her face.
That's when he started sobbing. "Taws what happened? I could've helped you" he said as tears streamed down his cheeks,  and guilty look on is face. She looked at him and said: "I thought he was dead Will, so I turned to help you. I Guess, you could say he was the one with the last word" she said and smiled half heartedly. Then added "...or stab" Will snorted at that. His face got serious again as he asked with an ice-cold voice "Is he still alive?". Taws studied his face as she said: "No. I made sure this time...Will,It was all my fault you needn't worry or feel guilty" Taws said the last sentence while she laid her hand on his cheek. "Will, you'll manage without me" Taws said, a serious look on her face. "No." he said hugging her tightly. She snorted "you are so stubborn, like a little child" Taws smiled up at him. Will's grip around her tightened even more. She winced at the pain. "I love you, Taws, and only you" as he cried, tears started to roll down her face as well. "I love you to Will..." She winced at the pain again. "More than you'll ever know" Will laid his hand on top of hers. "But you don't have to let go yet, just try to heal a bit faster..." "no, Will I've bleed to much for that" she said, cutting him off. He grew silent. "Will, can you kiss me?" Taws asked softly. His eyes studied her even closer. "One last time?" she added in a low and slightly desperate voice.Will looked at her face, her beautifully curved lips, electric blue eyes and lovely cheeks. He lifted her up to his face, their lips where just inches away. Then pressed his lips to hers. His heart ached from the soft and sweet touch of her lips. She grabbed his head, and dragged him closer to her. All the while she tugged  his hair lightly between her fingers. Will tightened his grip around her. Oh god he would miss this. When they broke apart she gave him one last smile, then her head slumped to the side, a tear rolled down her cheek and hit the ground. There was still a little smile on her lips. She was dead now, gone. She died in his arms, without his approval.

Will's whole world came crashing down, his heart shattered into a million pieces. He screamed for what felt like hours. When he was done, he hunched over her body and hugged her tightly, just one last time he told himself, while filling his nose with her sweet sent. Will then lifted her body up in his arms and walked away from the battle field. With rage and tears in his eyes.

-LMS-