Chapter 4: The Lost Princess

✨ Siren of the Stars ✨
by Strawberry Moon Rose
🍓🌙🌹

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 4: The Lost Princess
_________________________________

Ka-kaboom. Ka-kaboom. Ka-kaboom. My heart kicks into overdrive.

I'm trembling in her arms. I want to be anywhere but here. I know what's going to happen next and that's the worst part.

I'm so stupid, I knew I shouldn't have come out here alone! It looks like this is the end for me. To think that the pretty guardian of love and justice won't be defeated by an evil queen or monster, but devoured by an immoral siren. The others would get a kick out of that. But it looks like they won't ever know what will happen to me seeing as I'm out here all alone and there's nobody to hear if I scream for help. The only person who even knows I went on a walk is Haruka, and when they come looking for me, they won't look in the ocean.

I can't escape. I'm too far from the shore to jump off and swim back. Even if I did, she would catch me before I made it one paddle away from this rock. Then she'd drag me under the water and drown me. I hope I pass out from lack of oxygen before she starts her feast. Seiya had better make it quick and not torture me much longer.

"Please...don't eat me," I manage in a quivering whisper. My eyes are squeezed shut tight, head lolled back, neck exposed. I know she's not a vampire, but my first instinct is that she'll go for my jugular.

Seiya stops singing. The second she does, the magnetic force keeping me frozen in place breaks like a rubberband stretched to the max. Instantly, I have the strength to open my eyes again. When I do, I'm looking up at a black and empty sky. The constellations that were shining so brilliantly are now dull.

"Huh?" Seiya asks, making me jump.

I pull my head forward a little bit to look at her and swallow a lump in my throat.

"I know what you are and what you do," I warn. Maybe if I cry really loud it will scare her away, just like I did the first time I fought a youma.

That's it!

I reach to my chest for my locket. If I become Eternal Sailor Moon, I might be able to heal her and make her a good mermaid with my tier.

I feel along my chest. My fingers trail across the wet material of my swimsuit. Oh no! My brooch is fastened to my shirt - back on the shore! I really am careless! I never should have left it out of my sight. I learned that lesson when Chibi-Usa stole it off my uniform years ago.

"What are you talking about, Bun Head?"

I read her face for any sign of deception, but find none.

"You mean...you're not going to hurt me?" I ask with a dash of hopefulness.

"Are you serious? Why would I do that?" She looks almost offended.

"But..." When she sang, I became putty in her arms. I was sure it was all part of her plan to lure me out here and keep me from escaping so she could beguile me.

But now that I think of it, it doesn't sound like something Seiya would do at all. And if she really is evil, why isn't she attacking me now? This is her chance. Could I really have just been imagining it? Scared by those legends into thinking that's who she is?

"So...you weren't planning to eat me?"

Seiya looks at me for a second. Then her lip twitches into a smile. She tries to suppress her laughter, but grabs at her side like it was the funniest thing she's ever heard.