chapter 10

Peeta POV: Beetee calls us all over to the fire. I have a plan. He looks over at finnick and johanna, I have a plan. I sugesst that we take this coil that I made mayself and wrapp it arond the lightning tree the run it back to the beach and who ever is in the water or on the damp sand with be fried to death. Okay so let's get moving so we can get the wrapped around the tree and back here to the beach by one. When we get to the tree Beetee wraps it around the tree and hands the coil to Katniss and tells her and Johanna to run the coil down to the beach. we'll meet by the big tree in the 2 a clock sector at midnight. Says Beetee.Well...wait I'm going with them as a guard I says. No there are two careers out there I need two guards. You got johanna and Finnick let me go with Katniss. Yea why cant Johanna and Finnick stay here and me peeta Karter will take the coil down there. Katniss says. It was my plan and you all agreed to is correct? Asks beetee. Yea says Finnick its his plan so just do what he says. I hug Katniss tight and she hands me Karter I'll see you at midnight she tells me, then her and johanna dash off.

KATNISS POV: We were couple steps away from the beach when the coil wouldnt move anymore. I think its stuck. I say. Then something is hitting me hard in the head and I black out. When I wake up I have this imeance pain in my arm and its still bleeding. Then I hear a cannon go off and I think of peeta. PEETA! KARTER! WHERE ARE YOU! I scream. When I get back to the tree finnick is standing there holding my baby so I get an arrow locked into the bow. Katniss remember who the real enemy is! That's when I take the coil from the tree and wrap it around the arrow head and I hear the thunder. Katniss get away from that tree!! Let the arrow fly when I see the lightning and I fly backward. The last thing I remember is being lifted out of the arena then I black out.

When I woke up on some kind of ship with an i.v sticking out of my arm. I rip it out and get up to go explore the ship. Then I hear people talking, "she's gonna lose it when she finds out about the boy" she won't do it without him. Boy? What boy? Then it dawns on me there either talking about Peeta or our son. Suddenly I burst into the room, where's peeta and my son? Hey sweetheart Haymich says. I guess you didn't hear me where's Peeta and my son? We have you son don't worry he's safe, so where's Peeta? I ask for a third time. Peeta still had his tracker in Johanna cut yours out. Soo? I say with discust clearly in my voice. So that means snow could track where Peeta went. Katniss I'm sorry then capitol took him and Johanna. I didnt know how to react to that, the love of my life was captured by the capital and there's nothing I can do about it. That's when I attack Haymich. You lied to me! You said you'd save him over me! You lied! You lied! Something priks my shoulder then minutes later I fall into a deep sleep. When I wake up the first face I see is Prim's. Oh my God Prim your okay! Yeah me and mom both we got out in time Gale helped us but he...he he what? I asked her. He didn't make it out!! I'm so sorry kat. Hearing her call me kat brought on tears because that's what Peeta called me all the time. What do you mean by that prim? The capitol bombed 12 after the games were over. There is no more 12 Katniss its all gone.

Prim wheres my son I wanna see him, I'll go get him he's in the nursery sure is a little cutie! When she brought Karter in I started crying all over again because he looks just like Peeta even got his blue eyes. So what's his name no one knew so we just called him baby or like Haymich and called him kid. His name is Karter Rue Mellark. I told her. Awhh I like that name! Hey are you hungry Katniss? Yea a little bit. Well its almost lunch time so let's go to the cafeteria.