10 »

...𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒...

ᶰᶤᵃ

A knock sounded from outside Nia's door. Getting up from the desk, she opened it to reveal a bubbly Ivory with a suspicious smile plastered on her face. Nia rolled her eyes and stepped aside, hoping that meant the mission with Caspian went well...except Ivory's definition of "well" was yet to be determined.

Before she got the chance to say anything, Ivory was already bursting at the brim. "I couldn't get a straight answer from him, but he did say he would tell me, under certain conditions."

"That...doesn't sound good." Nia closed the door and motioned for Ivory to take a seat beside her on the bed.

"It's nothing crazy I swear! I can tell you, he asked if our group had any plans for this weekend and I said 'no' cause we don't, and... basically he invited us all to the club on Saturday. He said he'd ask the special girl out then and there if we all came."

Nia squirmed. "All of us? What does that mean? Besides, aren't there only like two of you who are actually old enough to enter the club?"

Ivory had come prepared with an answer for everything. "Oh, I guess he has connections." She wiggled her eyebrows. "And I think by 'all of you' he meant those of us he met at lunch last weekend. There's a couple more he didn't get to meet, but I'm sure he can get them into the club, too."

Nia sighed. "So... I have to go this time."

Going into a club didn't thrill her. The thought of being surrounded by people who only came to get drunk and dance sounded like a panic attack. Especially with all the attention Serena was sure to attract with her sweet-as-honey persona.

One day, she'd get stung by one of those adoring honey bees.

The location almost outweighed her desire to figure out Caspian, but...if he really was rejecting hordes of girls for one special interest, then this was a prime opportunity. She strongly doubted he had her in mind, and it wouldn't be all too bad if she could hide in a corner and watch the show.

Ivory leaned back, supporting herself with one arm. "Yeah, pretty sure you have to go if you want to see who he asks out." She giggled, then turned serious. "If you're uncomfortable with it, then do what feels right for you. But if you're worried about going someplace new, we'll all be there with you. I don't plan on drinking, so I can help if anything gets too weird."

"Thanks," Nia replied, relieved to have her support. "I'm still not sure, but I have a week to think about it, right?"

"That's right. If you don't want to go, it's no sweat. I'll probably ask if he can still get a few of us into the club." Ivory looked up with concerned jade eyes. "That is, if you don't mind."

Nia shrugged. "Why would I care? You don't need to ask my permission."

"I know you want that special girl to be you, and I don't want you thinking I'm trying to steal him away, that's all," Ivory said.

"I do not," Nia protested, cheeks flushed as her hands fidgeted.

Ivory sat up and patted Nia's leg, then stood and walked toward the door. "You keep saying that, girl. I'll give you some space to think it over. If you need anything, you know where to find me."

"Thanks, Ivory." Nia smiled, grateful she had found someone to talk to who didn't press her.

"My pleasure." Ivory flashed a cute smile, then waved and left the room.