𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER TWENTY:MULTI-TASKING

CHAPTER TWENTY:
MULTI-TASKING

THEY PULLED UP AT THE place in which they knew Steve had gone for his morning run with Olivia in the passengers seat and Natasha in the driver's. Olivia rolled down her window as the duo looked at Steve along the man he had been talking to, a man by the name of Sam Wilson. Olivia sent the two a small smile whilst Natasha smirked slightly.

     "Hey, fellas." Natasha called. "Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? We're here to pick up a fossil."

     Steve walked towards the car whilst Olivia got out, pulling the passenger seat forward before climbing into the back. "That's hilarious." Steve pushed the seat back after making sure Olivia was comfortable before entering the vehicle and turning his head to look at Sam through the open window. "Can't run everywhere."

     "No you can't." Sam agreed before the window rolled up and they were off. Not a few moments later the trio were on one of the jets, flying towards their destination with Brock Rumlow explaining the mission to Steve who was the only one that hadn't been caught up.

     "The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." Rumlow explained, pointing at one of the screens as he spoke.

     "Any demands?" Steve quizzed.

     "A billion and a half."

     Steve furrowed his eyebrows. "Why so steep?"

     Rumlow glanced at the man before answering, "Because it's S.H.I.E.L.D.'s."

     Steve tilted his head as a sigh fell from his lips. "So it's not off-course. It's trespassing."

     Olivia looked at the man before she shrugged her shoulders. "I'm sure that they have a good reason." She was trying to sound reassuring, but she was non-stop thinking about those two girl's that it sounded worrying.

     "You know, I'm getting tired of being Fury's janitor." Steve replied, looking at the wolf before glancing towards Natasha.

     "Relax." Natasha answered. "It's not that complicated."

     Steve looked at the redhead for a long moment before turning his attention back towards Rumlow. "How many pirates?"

     "Twenty-five." Rumlow answered, turning back to the screen and pressing a few things. "Top mercs led by this guy. George Batroc. Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

     "Hostages?" Steve asked.

     Rumlow touched the screen so that it showed photos of all the hostages. "Oh, mostly techs. One officer. Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley."