II

4 weeks and one day later...

"Oooooh! I will take that, that, and three of those!" Desire requested as she wandered the shoe store. She was celebrating. It had taken a long four weeks, but after suffering through more family dinners than she could handle, using her best sweet-talking for compromises and choosing to skip out on Milan's fashion week, she was confident that her plan had worked. Her fathers cute idea of her getting a job and being on her own was going to be just that; An idea that went absolutely no where.

About two weeks in, her father stopped asking her if she was looking for a job, and just last night, he had mentioned that she should even start looking at new apartments. It was all coming together so well. So when she had walked past the sale sign outside of Saks, she took a quick detour and slid inside, hoping to get a pair or two.

"Should we add this with the rest of your order?" The sales associate asked, motioning to the pile accumulated on the desk, and Desire nodded, barely paying her any mind. Her gaze had caught on a gorgeous pair of YSL heeled sandals, and she just had to have it. 

"Do you have this in a 7?" Desire asked, lifting the heel, and the woman nodded. "Great! I want to try it."

"No problem Desire," the woman said and she had to stop herself from smiling. Having shopped here so many times, she wasn't surprised they knew her by name.

The woman rushed off and came back quickly, presenting her with the box so she could try them on. Slipping off her own pair of Fendi Heels, she admired the gorgeous detailing of the black sandals with the gold heel that spelled out YSL. 

Easing her foot into the sandal, she nearly moaned at how good it looked. Sex appeal in heels was what she felt like as she strutted around the store, loving how it looked and the confidence it gave.

"I'll take these, please and a pair in red as well. You can check me out; my card is on file," she said with a smile before taking a seat on one of the couches in the VIP lounge. Desire reached for a flute of complimentary champagne, one of the many perks of being a diamond member, while she waited for her receipt and bags.

Thankfully she didn't have to wait long.

"Miss Washington, is there another card you would like to use?" The woman asked and Desire raised an eyebrow.

"Why? What's wrong with the one on file?"

"Well, there seem to be insufficient funds on the card."

"Insufficient funds?" Desire repeated, chuckling as she put down her flue. "Sweetheart it's a black card, there is no such thing."

"We thought so as well but it declined."

"Well try it again."

"We did. Four times," she emphasized and Desire shook her head before reaching into her purse and grabbing another credit card.

"Here try this one, and I would like some type of reimbursement for your systems acting up," she told the woman but she paid her no mind as she swiped the card on the portable payment machine. 

"See I told you it was an error," Desire told her as the woman handed back the card.

"Unfortunately that one declined as well."

"Excuse me?"

"We are going to have to take back the YSL heels," the sales associate said with a motion of her hand, and a buff security guard, one she hadn't noticed before, lifted her leg and snatched off the heels as if she had stolen them.

"Excuse me!" Desire yelled as she snatched her leg out of his grasp and stood up barefoot on the store ground. "Do you know who you're talking to?"