Leaving in Debt • 1

2 years after the first movie, which is 13- 16 wolf years.

Faster!

Come on! Run faster!!

I continued to run and took a look behind. They were catching up.

"YOU CAN'T LEAVE US!"
"Mars!"
"Get back here!"

I caught up to the top of the mountain and saw the express train. I took another look behind and booked it to the train with my bag strapped around my body.

"Mars don't leave us!" They yelled and I jumped into an open cart and my body slammed to the cart wall. "Ah!" I screamed and howled in pain as I fell to the ground. I limped to hide within the hay stacks and lay there.

Finally got out of hell.

I stayed in the train for about a few human hours. I looked out and saw a sign panel.

"Jasper National Park?" I asked myself and saw the small print on the bottom. "Ah! Canada?! What am I doing in a different country?" I asked and wondered what I would do.

"I need to make a plan. I need to find a location where I could live without being attacked by wolves. And food, food. I need food. God, how could I do this? I'm not ready!" I said and paced around in fear.

I jumped off the train cart and wandered within Jasper Park. I saw a blue berry bush and smiled. "This will have to do for the moment." I said and popped blue berries into my mouth. I began to chew and I immediately spat it all out.

"What the hell are those?! Gosh- these were nothing like the ones home." I said and continued to walk around.

"I'm sure I'll find a few dog cans somewhere around here." I said and walked around the park. The scenery was quite different from what I was used to.

I lived in a home with humans before I lived with the wolf pack in Oregon. I lived in Idaho with my owners, and had brothers and a sister. My sister was a ferret, my younger brother was a turtle. And my older brother was a fish and with my eldest brother was a german shepherd.

I can't say I didn't have good memories with them, but I'd like to think it was a home... if a home were rotten through time.

--

Kate's POV

I slowly got beside Garth and sighed. "Are you sure you're alright?" I asked and he turned to me with a smile on his face. "Yes, Kate. I'm fine. Don't worry about me." He said and I tried to smile.

His smile faltered and he walked back to his den.

I walked back to my den and walked up to Humphrey. "I don't know what to do. I feel so broken. I can't imagine the pain he's going through." I said and Humphrey kissed my forehead. "What about you, Kate, she was your sister." He said and I looked to the side.

"Yes, it hurt, but they were mates. We wolves mate for life. He's gonna be alone, forever. Sometimes I wish we never did." I said and Humphrey looked at with rose eyebrows. "Mating?" He asked and I looked at him and shook my head. "No no. Mating for life. I makes me feel sad. I mean, if the same thing happened to us... i- I wouldn't want you to feel so alone and in pain." I said and he smiled.

"I'll always love you, Kate. I liked your honesty and sincerity." He said and nuzzled my neck with his nose and I smiled. "I'll love you always, Humphrey."

---

Mars' POV

"What the hell!" I screamed and looked for shelter as the pouring rain came down. I ran down hill, only to look behind and find a huge mud avalanche. "HU HU HU HU HU HYAH!" I ran down the hill and found a thick sturdy tree. I dug my claws into it and pulled my myself to climb to the top.