XXXI

"Y/N/N? Y/N?" you heard, turning to George silently, and finding that your boyfriend was staring at you.

"Yes?"

"I was talking to you," he said like it was obvious.

"Sorry," you looked down for a moment. "I spaced out. Do you think Eleanor knows something?"

He turned to you with a frown, suddenly becoming worried.

"What do you mean?"

You breathed deep.

"There was something in her eyes," you covered your face with your hands for a moment. "I don't know. I... I don't know. But they are pressuring her, how long until I'm the one being pressured into taking any decision?"

Your boyfriend didn't answer, and you took a long breath.

"What if my father heard something about us?" you whispered. "Maybe... I don't know," you rubbed your temples. "Merlin, I hate not knowing things."

George crossed his arms, almost hugging himself.

"I know," he muttered. "But do remember what you told me when you got better from the black cat flu?"

You turned to him, confused, and he walked to you.

"If your father ever found out about us, he would take you the furthest away from me he could. I would never, every be able to see you again."

Your shoulders relaxed. He was right, you were overreacting.

"Come here," George whispered, pulling you closer and caressing your face with his hands the same way you did to him whenever he was stressing over something. "You're gonna be fine."

You couldn't help but soften up at his touch and caring words.

"How are you so sure?"

He stared into your eyes for a moment and shrugged with a small smile.

"You see, I got this really smart girlfriend, a very nice Slytherin girl. And I would do anything to protect her."

You chuckled, and he licked his lips for a bit.

"Can I kiss you?" he whispered, and you nodded with a tiny smile.

Your boyfriend lied a peck on the tip of your nose, then on your chin and then on your lips before pulling away and staring into your eyes once again.

"Relax. Everything is gonna be just fine."

. . .

"Are you okay?" you heard by your side and turned to look at Draco.

It was lunchtime, and while everyone was chatting and interacting, you were eating silently.

"Uh?" you turned to him. "Oh, yes. I'm fine."

"Really?" he questioned, sounding worried. "Sorry to say but you look a bit like crap."

You chuckled, shaking your head a bit.

"It's the whole N.E.W.T.s stuff," you said, not fully lying and yet no telling the truth. "I got a lot to study and lots of magic to go through and things like that."

Your brother gave you a small smile.

"Anything I can help with?" he offered.

Oh, Draco.

"Unfortunately, I don't think so," you sighed. "It's mostly things I have to deal alone."

He went back into silence, and you played with your soup with your spoon, finding it to be too now cold to consume.

"Are you going home for Christmas?" you changed the subject.

"Yeah. Are you?"

You shook your head.

"I'm going to France," you lied.

"It's a good break then," he noticed. "Do you need anything from home?"

"Mum sent me some clothes and stuff I can take there, but I'll let you know if I need anything," you gave him a smile, but it died quickly. "Did she or dad talk to you about anything?"

Your brother shot you a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

You shifted on your seat.

"Anything out of the ordinary,"

But Draco shook his head.

"Why? Did they write about anything weird to you?"

You denied quickly.

"No. I was just asking."