Chapter 4

The car pulled up suddenly and the door flew open. The light blinded Mark and Bryon both. A soldier stepped into the doorway.

“Ok, both of you out!” He barked before walking away.

Obeying, the two were guided to a makeshift control room.

“Welcome to the fort Doctor, I hope you two had a safe and uneventful journey.” An officer said his uniform a mess.

“You said that you could keep them back from the compound.” Bryon barked at the officer, taking off his torn and tattered coat.

“Well, it’s a little difficult when we haven’t been told how to kill the damned things.” The officer barked back.

“What is going on, I was told those… those… things had been eradicated.” Mark snapped at the both of them.

“That’s exactly what we thought, but yet they’re back and evidently we had no way to kill them.” The officer said.

“We were relying on you to tell us how to kill those things, we’ve been trying to get you to tell us since the start, but, five years ago they reappeared more numerous than before. We need that information Mark.”

“You bastards kept me in a cell for the past twenty-five years, calling me insane and now you want me to help you.” Mark growled.

“Well for the first twenty years we did think you were, in fact, driven insane and because you wouldn’t tell us what happened we couldn’t do anything when they reappeared, they’ve torn this country a new asshole and we are being pushed back day by day. Now are you going to help us finish this or not?” The officer said firmly.

Mark rested his hands on the cold metal table that sat in the centre of the room.

“I need to sit down.” He said putting his hand to his throbbing head.

“Pick a crate.” A soldier joked.

Mark sat down on one of many empty shipping crates around the room.

“Ok, listen up.” Mark said as his head stilled. “I’ll tell you the rest.”