Chapter 1 - "i cant stand you or your bullshit"

«we're a class remember, we stick togetherr»

«I'm scared» I say to Neptune as we walk to her. «you literally fight people with powers, and you use your bare hands to fight people too, and you're afraid of this?!» Neptune replies. But as we turn the corner, I catch a glimpse of her, the most beautiful person I've ever met and have known my whole life. The girl I grew up with, and the girl that made my heart a whole lot bigger and happier. My girl, my love, and my hope. The girl I'd do anything to keep. The girl I never wanna lose.

It was a sunny day that day, I woke up feeling a little lightheaded. I used my powers a lot yesterday, so I thought nothing of it and got ready for another day of school. I know I should've told my friends at the dorms, but I didn't feel like bothering them since they were already visibly stressed. I woke up my cousin, Neptune. she was as grumpy as always and I just looked outside of her window. It really was a beautiful spring day. A smile appeared on my face when I realized the snow had finally started to melt, honestly, I was sick of the white snow since it had been around for over 4 months. I hear my phone going off, so I walk towards it to see who it is. I picked it up from beside my bed and see that it was a text! a text from my best friend London, the girl I'd been crushing on for about 3 years now. it was just a normal good morning text, but she was wondering if we could met up and watch a movie after school and when we finish training and homework, I was planning on studying a little bit but I accepted cause I want to spend time with London!

Anyways, my name is Everest and I'm in high school, the high school of dreams I've been told. The schools name "the powerhouse of Starlight" everyone that goes here has powers and has to be at least a little bit smart, we get in to learn how to control our powers and understand the history and other basic school things like math and English etc. We all stay in own dorm room, ok, I go by she/her pronouns, and I'm a lesbian. I also enjoy singing, writing songs, poetry, photography, listening to music and making music. I also like paining, playing on my ukulele and creative writing. My powers are healing others and myself and super hearing, I also have a the same tattoo that Neptune has, which means we have the same power but hers is more... powerful, yeah that's the word, anyways with the tattoo I can only pull out a sword and a shield while Neptune can do any kind of weapon. it's an energy source and if I use it a lot, I get very light headed the next day or just very tired. I have learned how to defend myself without my powers so that's what I'm mostly practicing these days. I struggle with a lot of stress and anxiety, I also have an unhealthy way to cope with this and that's self-harm, I might also start hyperventilating if I'm overwhelmed but I've learned to control it. I go in class 1-B and I'm kind of proud that I go there. I really enjoy my class, we're all really close and trust each other, there is just this one guy that's really annoying and rude, but I'll come back to him later on.

Anyways, today was Monday the 19th of April. I have boring classes today too, so I wasn't very excited to go to school, I also had a test that I stayed up to study for. I normally study with Cohan or Neptune, but also sometimes Ocean because she likes to go to the beach and have a picnic while studying and I find it very cute, so I tag along sometimes. when it's something I'm really struggling with I normally ask Atlas or August. I mostly walk alone to school with earbuds in and listening to music or with band members on Wednesday or Thursday so we can talk about music and stuff, but Cohan wanted to walk with me today, and talk. Cohan is a really nice person, she go by all pronouns, and she say she's straight no one believes that, they give off major queer vibes, but they haven't met the right person or people, to show her that, they're lacking experience, that's all that is really. Anyways Cohan really likes gardening, reading, studying, meditation, annoying for the most part me or his other friends, and they enjoy scrapbooking. Cohan is one of the only people in the dorms that actually can cook, so. they're a triplet but she was the only one with powers, so her parents and siblings were afraid of her, it's a shallow topic for her and they rarely speak about it. the class 100% respects that and know to not speak about it. She was diagnosed with schizophrenia which basically is that they lose touch with reality, loss of hygiene and apitate, social withdraw, hallucinations and delusions. it's a thought disorder. She's a very cheerful person and enjoy being with friends. She lost contact with her parents, though she forgave both of them and sibling, she doesn't want anything to do with her parents. Her siblings try to make up for the trauma they caused him by trying to keep in contact and talking on the phone with her, every once in a while.