Chapter 12

I suddenly have the motivation to finish this fic cuz I just wanna post the next one which has already 5 chapters lmao-

__________

Right now, I wish I could make myself invisible and disappear from this place as soon as possible. I could do that to be honest, but it would only get me in more trouble and that would be the last thing I want.

"What does this mean Clark ?! Why did I receive a complaint from Marquess Dyer that his daughter had been sent home without regard ?"

Obviously, what had happened yesterday wasn't going to remain unknown to the duke's ears for long. Miss Dyer was not one to speak ill of others, but her father was probably offended that I sent her away like that. Nevertheless, how am I going to get out of this now...

As I thought of a way to soothe the nobleman's rage, the sliding of a door interrupted us. Duke Carl frowned as he leaned to the side to see who had just entered without permission, a madman who no longer cared for his post perhaps.

"It was my fault."

"Huh ?"

I turned around and saw that it was the young master. He had the same stern expression as his father and came tracing his way to the Duke's study on my left.

"What are you doing here Aesop, this is no place for children to play." the Duke asked in a firm tone.

"I think you are forgetting my true age, father." 

The duke's face frowned even more at his son's answer. Ah, neither of them was good with words ! Like father like son, as they say. Finally, despite the irresistible urge I felt to tell the young master to shut up, I held back, thinking it might be better to wait and see what he had in mind.

"Clark must have sent off Miss Dyer because I showed up during their conversation and she saw me in that unsightly appearance."

I felt a twinge of guilt at hearing this. To say of himself that his appearance was unsightly... I wanted to tell him that it was not true. I wanted to tell him that even in this form, he was probably the most adorable of all the young children I'd come across, though I didn't see a huge number of them either.

"Is that true Clark ?"

The Duke's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I did my best to think of something to say in response.

"Y-yes, my duke."

"Hm... Very well, I'll let this incident pass for this time but don't let it happen again."

Instinctively, I bowed to the duke to thank him while the young master just stood straight as a stick on the side.

"Well, since that's settled, get the hell out of there."

My back arched one last time before Aesop and I exited the room. A sigh being the first thing to escape from between my lips once outside. Ah, I couldn't forget to thank him before I left. It was thanks to him that I managed to avoid a possible sentence from the Duke.

"Youn-"

"Aesop. I told you to call me Aesop didn't I?"

"B-but we're still in front of the Duke's office..."

"The walls are thick so it's not like he can hear us."

"A-all right... S-so, A-Aesop- thank you so much for getting me out of there !"

My eyes looked up at Aesop to see his reaction, he didn't say anything but gave a slight smile that made my heart miss a beat, again. This kind of thing was happening more and more often lately and I couldn't control it. What was wrong with me ?

No, deep down I knew exactly why I was in such a state in his presence. These changes in his personality that were showing up every day, his smiles that were getting more and more frequent... I had fallen hopelessly in love with the one whose spell I had to lift.

Who would have believed it ?

Somehow, it was quite ridiculous. What would people think of me if they found out that I was attracted to a child who was about my height, even though his age didn't reflect his appearance at all. Besides, we were both men and he came from a distinguished family so it's not like this budding love had a chance of ever taking shape.

It just wasn't possible.

That night, after wishing the young master good night, I went straight to my room to try to forget about these impure feelings growing inside me. Unfortunately, it wasn't something that could just disappear. The more I tried to erase them, the more pictures of him invaded my mind.

Nevertheless, who would have thought that what was going to happen tomorrow would change the course of things...