chapter 1

*louis pov*

i walk back on uni's campus  and i already feel refreshed. this isn't my first year at this campus, i just am in a different building on campus. our
campus has two parts, the northern and the southern. i was in the northern, but now i am in the southern. i used to room with my friend stan, but then he decided that he didn't want to talk to me after i was gay.

to be honest, i was a little hurt, but i really don't care. i am funny and athletic gay guy. i think that is perfectly fine. i was happy i didn't have to room with him anymore. i want to venture to the other side. the southern and northern sides never really talked and never played football or other sports teams because they didn't want a rivalry, which makes sense.

i heard that there are some cute guys over there. i am rooming with two guys this year, which is going to be new, but fun. we get a bigger room because there are three of us. one is niall horan and the other is harry styles. our neighbors are zayn malik and liam payne. i only know this because in the southern they have little houses littered around the campus, not an apartment building we had in the northern side.

i already feel like this is going to be fun. i can't wait to meet my roomates and neighbors. it is like a new start. i also heard that the northern side was so much worse than the southern side, so i guess we are going to find out.

our house was ready for a virtual tour, and is pretty cool. it has two floors; three bedrooms and two bathrooms upstairs, and then the kitchen, living room, dining room, and entertainment room is on the bottom floor. the houses can be bought if you want to live in the same area after college. i am a junior and hope that i can stay with my roommates for the next two years, and then maybe buy it with them if they are all down.

there is also a grocery store like a five minute walking distance to our house west, a gym to the left about five blocks past our neighbors' house; the one with zayn and liam. there is a nice movie theatre and restaurant close by, and it has a bakery where i can stop before going to campus. the campus is outlined with places to do things, along with a football field.

i love football and hope to play this year. i am actually pretty good and was captain last year. i have a car but i may ask either niall or harry to come with me to drop it off at my parents if they both have cars. it would be hard to fit three cars in the driveway.

i have talked to niall before. he got my number when he figured out i was gonna be their roommate. he told me to be at the house the saturday, august 5th. we don't start school until the 15th but he was insistent i come then. he said they will get there on the 4th to start unpacking so our house isn't a mess with everything being unpacked. i told niall i would be there around 4 o'clock, since my house is just about 30 minutes away and it is already 3:30.

i packed everything in my car except necessities last night so i could just relax before having to head off to uni. i packed my necessities around 11 this morning, once i was done getting ready. i walk to my car and get in, and get ready to drive to my first actual home that i can hopefully stay in for the next two years.

i set my google maps to the house and turn on the radio. i love to sing, but i don't sing in front of people because my singing isn't that good. i may be average, but i can't hit high notes and am not worthy to show people.

i start singing to all of the songs. i am excited to see the other boys and meet them. niall hinted that they were good friends with their neighbors, like they knew each other before they actually chose to have houses next to each other.

i want to do football professionally or become a drama teacher if i get hurt. i don't know what the other boys like to do, although while texting niall he said 'hope you aren't camera shy'. i have no idea what that means. maybe he likes to take a lot of photos, or maybe he is into photography or art.

about twenty minutes into the drive i start to see the 'village' appear. everyone on the southern side calls it a village because everyone knows each other and the stores are in a big circle, so it is  like a little secluded village, although it is just in Britain and is a college.

when i start to see the gym i know i am close to getting to my house. actually, is it my house or is it our house? like what do they call the household? me and stan used to call it the buddy bungalow, so it was kinda like a code word but not really. it made us seem cool, although we were just freshmans. stan was nice until he found out i was gay, and then he just gave the cold shoulder.

anyways, when i saw OUR house come into view, i was surprised to see if looking actually quite nice. it had tan walls and a beige roof, that i found pretty cute. there were flowers out in our lawn and it looked super pretty. there was only one car parked in the driveway, so either niall and harry share a car or one of them are not home currently.

i park the car and turn off the radio, right in the middle of 'the beatles' song. whoops! don't hate me. i get out of the car, and walk to the front door after locking my car. it is now or nothing. i put my key in the lock and twist it, opening it.