Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

I pried my eyes open and peeked over at Fin. She was curled up in the flower comforter, her blond hair spilling out over the pillow and breaths coming quietly from her mouth. I rubbed the back of my hand lightly against her delicate cheek before standing up, stretching.

I lumbered my way over to my dresser and picked out a Hollister shirt and a pair of tight, faded ripped jeans and closed the door behind me in the bathroom. I sleepily took a quick shower and then pulled on my clothes. Brushing my hair away from my face, I stared blearily at myself in the mirror.

I was a modest person, but I had to say, I was pretty dang attractive. I had muscles and a six pack that my shirt fitted snuggly. I was pale and my skin was flawless, with weird ass clear gray eyes that popped against my hair. My hair was the odd thing, though. I had beach blonde hair, if you could call it that. It was white that was shaggy and hung in my eyes and had black and blue undertones that somehow made it come together.

I let my hair hang in my eyes before leaving the bathroom to see Fin sitting up in bed, wiping her eyes groggily.

She whined, "Every, I'm hungry. I want food." She pouted, crossing her arms.

I held my arms out to her and she jumped into them, still keeping that cute pout on her face. She wrapped her tiny legs around my waist as best as she could. I twirled her around and a smile finally broke free, big and wide, and she giggled. "I'm hungry, too, Finey. Maybe I'll just eat you!" I exclaimed, faking anger on my face.

She squealed as I buried my face into her neck, trying to bite her. "No, no!" she yelled. "Don't eat me!" I roared and dropped her as softly as I could on the bed. She squealed again and screeched, "Don't you dare eat me, Every! I'm not a cupcake!"

I laughed and swiped the hair out of her pretty eyes. "No, but you sure look delicious like a cupcake."

She pushed me away as hard as she could and whispered seriously, "If you eat me and don't give me food, I'll hate you forever and never, ever talk to you again. I won't even let you play Barbie's with me."

I gasped and told her loudly, "That is horrible! We must get you food at once!" I grabbed her and swung her over my shoulder. I left the room and bounded down the stairs; her protesting and screeching for me to stop.

I walked into the kitchen and said casually, "Hey, guys. What's on the agenda for today?"

Fin squirmed her way from my arms and ran away, screaming, "You are never playing Barbie's with me again, Everett!" She slammed the kitchen door shut dramatically.

I laughed. Grandpa raised an eyebrow from where he was perched on a stool, a newspaper in one hand and a coffee in the other. Julian grinned at me from where he was leaning against the kitchen counter, and Grandma just huffed, annoyed.

"Don't you dare break anything," she warned me, shaking a finger in my direction. I smirked cheekily at her and plopped down in a stool next to Julian.

Julian commented, "You seem to be in a good mood today."

I jokingly checked him out. He was wearing a tank top that looked delicious on him and another pair of form fitting jeans. I seductively licked my lip and said, "It's because you're here, handsome."

His eyes widened, not realizing it was a joke. He turned bright red and cleared his throat. My eyes grew big as his face got serious and I reassured him quickly, "It was a joke, Julian."

He seemed disappointed, but his shoulders slumped in relief, so I was probably imagining things. He bit the inside of his cheek and went back to a conversation with my Grandpa. Grandma placed a plate of panicakes in front of me and my stomach growled. "You must love me," I stated as I viewed the chocolate chip pancakes piled in front of me.