Chapter Three

~Life has forced you to forget, but I have chosen to always remember, even if I am the only one that knows 

Checking his vitals, Jayb looks down at his childhood friend,

"It's been so many years since I last saw you," he whispers

Five days have passed since Jinyoung was brought to urgent care. Jayb was allowed to take him as his own patient, only after Mr. Stone had personally made the request to switch doctors.

Mr. Stone knew how close Jayb and Jinyoung once were. He knows that no other doctor could take better care of Jinyoung than Jayb.

Seeing Jinyoung and Mr. Stone again shocked Jayb at first. He hadn't seen them since he was in his late teens. He knew their address and that Mr. Stone would be happy to see him again but after Jinyoung woke up from the accident not remembering anything, he left it will be wrong to overwhelm him.

He had hoped that once Jinyoung had recovered, he will come looking for him and Mark, but he never did. It wasn't until the passing of the Parks that Jayb was told of Jinyoung's situation. Despite his desire to be in his friend's life again, Jayb walked away wishing him the best.

"Youngjae wants to visit you as well but giving your current condition no visitors are allowed. He wishes that you'll recover fast. ... Mr. Stone brought you a change of clothes for when you wake up. Please wake up. Mr. Rosales, I think that was her name, is waiting outside, she comes every day. is she your significant other?"

Jayb slumps into the chair next to Jinyoung's bed, wishing for Jinyoung to just wake up and clear everything up. The moment Jinyoung was out of surgery, a pregnant lady had come running in with tears running down her face asking to see him. Jayb had stared at her in horror. A small part of him wanted to believe that Jinyoung and that woman were nothing more than friends. But the way she cried for him and how Mr. Stone had behaved around her, crumbled Jayb's hopes.

Mr. Stone had never cared for anyone that was not part of the Park's intimate circle. Even himself, who has been part of Jinyoung's life since the very beginning, has never gotten special treatment from him. Only Mark has had that privilege. Mr. Stone dotted on Mark as if he were his own child, he did the same with Jinyoung. He made sure they had what they needed, run to get anything they wanted. Even after Jinyoung had left his parents, Mr. Stone tried his best to care for him without the Parks finding out.

But now, Mr. Stone dotted on that pregnant lady as he did once for Mark. If she was hungry, he was off to go buy anything she wanted. If she was cold, he will offer her his jacket. There was nothing he wouldn't do for her and that angered Jayb. Although he knew it was normal for Jinyoung to continue with his life. It angered him to know Jinyoung had a family, not knowing his past.

Swallowing he forces his congratulatory words out, "she is very pretty. Congrats on the baby, I'm sure you will be a great dad"

"Youngjae and I are looking for a bigger house to expand our family too... Thank you for introducing him to me when you did. I am the happiest I have ever been since he became a permanent part of my life. If you...I wish we could go on a double date sometime"