Chapter 1

Ello lovelies! So, I'm new to Wattpad. This is my first story published on here. It's actually published on Quotev too, but I thought I might try it out on here as well. I'm really nervous about what ya'll will think about it, but please let me know your thoughts. Bunches of love!

- Bre

___________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1 (:

Arden's POV

I fell to the ground in pain. My ankle was twisted and underneath a lot of weight. My sight was blurred because my glasses fell off.
"Your so ugly." a voice said in my ear.
"Why do you even try?" another voice sneered. I cringed on the inside.
I tried to move around to find my glasses, but the weight on my ankle grew heavier. I made a tiny squeal.
"Oh, does that hurt?" the first voice asked. I nodded pitifully and the weight became 10 times heavier. I let out a scream of pain. I felt so defenseless, so vulnerable.

"Shut up Arden. No one cares about you." It's said so simply, but it does complex damage. Tears welled up in my eyes and I put my head down in shame. I felt the weight on my ankle disappear and I tried to stand, but someone's fist collided with my face. I staggered backwards and toppled back to the ground with a thump.
"Stay down!" a third voice commanded. How many people does it take to ruin my life? 1...but there are 3 here. These people feed off of other's fear and sadness. They have no feelings except for hate.
"You wanna know what I like about you?" one of the voice's asked. They like something about me? A tiny spark started to build inside me.
A hand grabbed my chin and forced it upwards. I didn't want them to see my ugly face.
"Answer her!" one of them spat in my face. I flinched and opened my mouth to speak.
"What?" I croaked. I haven't used my voice in days. Through my blurry vision I could see one of the heartless jerks smile.
"I like how your so ugly that all the other girls are prettier than you." I could hear the venom dripping off of every word she spoke. The tiny spark that built up inside me is now blown out. Gone forever.
"Honestly," she continued. "you looked better with braces on. Without them you just have giant, ugly horse teeth.
I heard one of the other girl's whisper 'hideous' under their breath. I shriveled up even more inside.
"You are fat and ugly and that will never change. No one will ever love you 'cause your an overweight slut. You are a useless piece of crap." Every word peirced my heart, shattered my confidence.
"Worthless." She whispered in my ear. I made the mistake of letting a single tear fall down my face.
"Awh! Look at that. The slut's crying." one of them fake pouted. Suddenly their voice became rough as they said "If you felt like crying you could've just said so." A hand came in contact with my already swollen face. I held my cheek and bit my lip to keep from screaming. I kept my eyes sealed shut, in fear that I'd get slapped again. I didn't want to cry in front of these horrible people.
"Trying to be strong? It's just a waste of your time. Give up and go die in a hole." Every word hit me like a bullet and impaled my skin. One of the girl's kicked me in the gut and I fell to the ground gasping for air. I watched as their blurry figured walked away leaving me disoriented, hurt, broken.
After regaining my breath, I crawled over to a trash can. I tried to use it to help me up, but it tipped over and spilled it's nasty garbage all over me. I felt useless and ugly. I am useless and ugly. I just want to leave and get away from all my problems. But the problem is, is that you can never escape. It'll follow you forever, hiding in your shadows and coming out at the worst possible moment.
I leaned up against the brick wall as it started to rain and cried quietly. I was shaking from the cold and from the fear of them girl's coming back to hurt me more. I let the rain soak my body. I'm already numb anyways.
I looked up and saw a butterfly sitting on my hand. I smiled, just barely, and started to sing softly.
"It's my last big breath what you want me to do?
When you act all cool like you already knew
That I'll be stuck here cold just waiting it through
'Til your heart starts beating for that somebody new
You know that it's true
'Cause it's beautiful people like you
Who get whatever they want
And it's beautiful people like you
Who suck the life right outta my heart
And it's beautiful people like you
Who make me cry
'Cause nobody else could be nearly as cruel as you"
A teardrop fell and landed on one of the butterfly's wings. I frowned as it flew away. My only friend, a butterfly, had desserted me. Just like everyone else. I buried my face in my hands and wept. Why does the world hate me so much? What did I ever do to deserve this?
Tears flowed out of my eyes like a river. I asked myself the same question that I ask everyday, why me? I honestly don't know. I just have no reason to do anything anymore. Maybe I should go die in a hole. No one would notice if I was gone anyways. I live in the past because the present is just too much to bear. Too much pain. Too much trauma. Too much hate.
I laid my head back against the rusty brick wall and stared at the darkening sky. Life sucks...
I looked back at where the butterfly flew away at. There was light and sunshine. The next city over is London. It's time for a new start. I shakily stood up and limped in the direction of London. Tomorrow, my birthday, is the start of a new beginning.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Any thoughts? I know it's kinda short, but I'd love to know if you think I should delete it or continue it. Thank you lovelies! <3